Along with collectible NFTs, the so-called One-of-One (1/1) NFTs are widely known outside the market. Why? It’s simple – it is they, unique and one of a kind, who have created sensational public attention through the very technology on the basis of which images are sold for millions of dollars. The well-known work Everydays: The first 5000 days by the artist Beeple, sold for $69.3 million at the world-famous Christie’s auction in 2021, became the winner of this chart and laid the foundation for a large-scale movement in the NFT world in the form of one-of-a-kind, non-collectible publications. Today, it is safe to say that art has evolved into the digital age thanks to these works of art.
What is NFT One-of-One (1/1)?
NFT One-of-One (1/1) is a unique, one-of-a-kind digital collectible. This art form is unique and cannot be repeated. Tokens of this type have genuine rarity, as they are released in a single copy and are not included in collections. This rarity makes one-of-one tokens more desirable and more expensive, especially those made by large creators. Therefore, such tokens are often put up by well-known auction houses and are equated with traditional physical art.
Main idea and applicability of NFT One-of-One (1/1)
The main idea of NFT One-of-One (1/1) is to create one-of-a-kind works of art that can never be repeated or duplicated. That is, this is a new way of demonstrating the individuality and exclusivity of creativity. They have a maximum scarcity that will only increase in value over the years.
And almost always the loudest single digital art is sold at Sotheby’s and Christie’s auctions.
As a rule, this type is used in several cases:
- For traditional artists who were already known in offline art and came to digital art to better popularize their art. So, artists have the opportunity to document their creative path on the blockchain. A striking example is calligrapher Pokras Lampas, who has managed to work with such global brands as FENDI, COMME des GARÇONS, Lamborghini, Esquire, NIKE, Adidas, Reebok, WWF, M.A.C., and now he is a cult person in the NFT space.
- For digital artists who develop their creativity through individuality. Such art is more often noticed by eminent auction houses and influencers. They adapt better in the market and create a name for their creator, because the uniqueness and rarity of a work is always valuable compared to the dissemination and mass use. For example, artist DeeKay’s NFT DESTINY was acquired by Snoop Dogg (known locally as Cozomo de’Medici) for 225 ETH (about $809k), after which he became globally famous and popular.
A timeless work, with a timeless theme.
For me to grab it today, from the skilled hands of @deekaymotion, I believe, was destiny in itself.
I raise my glass to you all.
— Cozomo de’ Medici 🛡️ (@CozomoMedici) October 6, 2021
- A way to perpetuate any historical events in the open spaces of the blockchain and smart contract. For example, in 2021, Jack Dorsey, co-founder and former CEO of Twitter, sold his first non-fungible token 1/1 tweet for $2.9 million and donated the proceeds to charity. Then this case caused very loud discussions about the adequacy of the price, but the effect was achieved – this case went down in history, and it attracted resonant public attention to the possibilities of NFT technology.
The history of NFT One-of-One (1/1)
NFT One-of-One (1/1) artwork first appeared in 2017-2018 along with the NFT boom; and since then their popularity has been constantly growing. The 1/1 movement itself was born on a large scale with the advent of the platform SuperRare in 2018. For example, the now well-known NFT duo Hackatao, who became one of the first authors on this site, began their journey in the NFT world precisely with the works of 1/1. The Girl Next door was then a presentation of the duo and has now become their hallmark with a recognizable style that has become their trademark over the years.
Artists were then attracted by blockchain technology, thanks to which the work cannot be faked due to the address of the smart contract, and it is much easier to put it up for auction, and it will be seen by more collectors than in offline galleries.
Who buys NFT One-of-One (1/1)?
The audience that buys NFT One-of-One (1/1) is usually collectors and investors who appreciate the uniqueness and rarity of art. They are willing to pay a high price for:
- A unique piece of art that is one of a kind.
- An already well-known name of the artist, which is a guarantee of demand for a single piece of art in the future.
Best NFT One-of-One (1/1)
In the NFT space and market, there is a large number of worthy works that have received massive recognition. But in this article, we will note such as:
- Everydays: The first 5000 days,
- Right-click and Save As guy,
- Stay Free.
These are some of the most sensational and well-known works, by which third-party viewers usually judge the market. It was these works that once supported the NFT boom and created a lot of noise around themselves and the multi-million-dollar assessment of the work itself from the market.
Everydays: The first 5000 days
Everydays: The first 5000 days is the work by artist Beeple, minted on February 16, 2021. In this token, the artist combined repetitive works and color themes into a single aesthetic whole – there are 5000 of them in total. The fragments are arranged in a free order, and the repetitive works reflect society’s fear of current technologies. This art is a tribute to the first 5,000 days of Daily Life, a movement the artist founded in 2007. Each fragment is a daily work that he created over the years. That is, in fact, this painting is a visual documentation of a historical moment. Everydays: The first 5000 days was auctioned by Christie’s for $69,346,250 in 2021. Through this work, Beeple has become the most recognizable and wealthy NFT artist in the world.
Right-click and Save As guy
Right-click and Save As guy by XCOPY artist. It is presented as an animation with iridescent colors in the artist’s signature style. The artist laid the sarcastic meaning – he meant how easy it is now to copy a work of art – just one right-click and click “copy”. This painting was sold for 1.6k ETH (about $7.09 million).
Stay Free (Edward Snowden, 2021)
Stay Free (Edward Snowden, 2021) is a unique work with a caption that combines all the historic court decision that thundered around the world. Then the court recognized all the arguments of Edward Snowden, a former US intelligence officer, and found a violation of international law in the form of mass surveillance by the US National Security Agency. This is the only NFT created by a known agent.
Due to public outcry and historical significance, this digitized token was sold for 2,224 ETH (about $5.4 million) to the PleasrDAO community (founded by artist Emily Young, known as Pplpleasr).
What are the prospects for NFT One-of-One (1/1)?
With the help of NFT One-of-One (1/1), the following areas can also be developed in the future:
- Perpetuate history directly on the blockchain,
- Create unique paintings that will be valued above market value due to their scarcity.
- This is one way for artists from all over the world to express themselves, both offline and digitally.
In the future, NFTs One-of-One (1/1) serve as the subject of increasing the individuality of the artist in the market with its own specifics, which will be inherent only to the author and no one else. In addition, these tokens are exclusive, which will also help drive the entire NFT market.
Opinion of NFTmetria
One-of-One (1/1) NFTs are considered valuable because they are unique and one of a kind. These rare pieces can be worth millions of dollars in the market. Some creators deliberately mint their work as NFT One-of-One, making it so that only one person can own the work at any given time. Such scarcity inevitably raises its value on the open market, as demonstrated by many renowned artists, including FEWOCiOUS, Trevor Jones, FVCKRENDER, Refik Anadoland others, who earn millions from their work.
As practice shows, the demand for this type of digital art is also due to the fact that they are often produced by already well-known artists who attract their fans and the community to the market, which increases demand and interest.