In addition to the news that The Gateway Global NFT Festival in Miami opens November 29, in today’s NFT News Digest for the past week from November 19-25, you’ll find:
- ApeCoin DAO launches its own NFT marketplace,
- Cardano’s Clay Nation release video featuring Snoop Dogg and Champ Medici
The Gateway global NFT festival opens November 29 in Miami
From November 29 to December 3, the first global show conference in the world of Web3 The Gateway 2022 will be held in Miami.
🌀THE GATEWAY IS OPENING🌀
— nft now (@nftnow) October 19, 2022
What will The Gateway 2022 be like?
The Gateway 2022 will be a truly massive NFT festival. The conference is held within the framework of the international art fair Art Basel, which is already 20 years old this year.
The Gateway will bring a talented, diverse and groundbreaking collection of artists and digital creators to Miami. This immersive experience is a celebration of web3 and the creativity that defines the space and its constant evolution. We have created a cultural core that spans the digital and the physical, showcasing today’s most brilliant creators and their works of art, effortlessly engaging audiences with our vision of the future. MoonPay CEO and co-founder Ivan Soto-Wright said.
The Gateway first took place in 2021, but in a completely different format – an immersive gallery was presented that introduced masses of people to NFT. This year, this is an event of a completely different scale, which will introduce everyone to the world of NFT in various formats in the very center of Miami for 5 days. Hours of Operation: 12:00 pm to 9:00 pm EST daily. The festival program includes panels, fireplace chats, digital and real galleries, announcements, auctions and more.
What awaits you at The Gateway 2022?
- Five whole-day digital activities across 12 buildings and 2 city blocks in downtown Miami
- Immersive installations spanning art, music, games, technology and culture from industry leaders:
- More than 50 NFT artists, including:
- Bryan Brinkman,
- Cory Van Lew,
- Mad Dog Jones,
- Pussy Riot,
- Tyler Hobbs.
- More than 30 speakers, including:
- More than 15 musicians, including:
- Mia Carucci,
- Venus X.
- Johnnie Walker (Blue Label),
- one of the largest IT law firms Fenwick,
- global beverage manufacturer Perrier,
- the first fully decentralized media platform Rug Radio.
- The organizers of the event are:
- NFTNow, web3 digital media platform,
- Mana Common, a platform for urban regeneration and community building.
- At the same time, The Gateway: Megapolis Web3 operates on the MoonPay platform, one of the largest payment cryptosystems.
Where will The Gateway 2022 take place?
The Gateway 2022 will take place in downtown Miami, Flagler, across 12 buildings and 2 city blocks.
As Downtown Miami’s Flagler Historic District re-emerges, it will be home to Miami’s growing tech sector, which is now the center of the entire web3 industry, and we’re excited to showcase what that could mean for the neighborhood’s future. Mana Common vice president of marketing and communications Albert Berdellans said.
How to become a member of The Gateway 2022?
Participation in the festival is absolutely free. To get a ticket, you need to leave a request on the official page.
ApeCoin DAO launches its own NFT marketplace
The official ApeCoin NFT marketplace for collections owned by Yuga Labs launched this week. The small startup Snag Solutions was involved in the development and launch, and 88% of the community voted for them.
The dedicated marketplace includes unique features built specifically for the BAYC and Otherside communities, including ApeCoin staking and NFT metadata integration. The company says in a statement.
The ApeCoin NFT Marketplace will allow you to buy and sell NFTs with lower transaction fees. Listings in APE tokens are subject to a 0.25% fee, and listings in ETH are charged 0.5%. The announcement added that 0.25% of the proceeds will go to the ApeCoin DAO treasury. Additionally, the marketplace will reportedly pass on commission and royalties to the community.
Which collections will be served on the marketplace?
On November 23, Snag Solutions CEO Zak Heerwagen confirmed the launch of a new NFT market for collections such as:
- Bored Ape Yacht Club (BAYC),
- Mutant Ape Yacht Club (MAYC),
- Bored Ape Kennel Club (BAKC)
- Otherdeed for Otherside.
The new ApeCoin marketplace does not currently support other Yuga Labs collections such as:
Like ApeCoin DAO itself, it is not officially affiliated with the company. However, Heerwagen said lines of communication with Yuga are open and that he has spoken to the founders.
How did the launch of the marketplace affect the collections from Yuga Labs?
This news was followed by the reaction of the market:
- The Bored Ape Yacht Club collection has its Floor Price increased by 10% (from 58.8 ETH to 65 ETH).
- The Mutant Ape Yacht Club collection increased its Floor Price by 15% (from 11.4 ETH to 13.3 ETH), and over the past 24 hours the volume of sales and the number of transactions increased by 200% and 300%, respectively.
- The Bored Ape Kennel Club collection increased its Floor Price by 12% (from 4.7 ETH to 5.3 ETH), the number of transactions increased by 35%, and sales increased by 75%.
- The Otherdeed for Otherside collection has not seen any visible changes due to the fact that the project’s assets are constantly in circulation due to the active development of the new metaverse.
Data provided at the time of publication of the article
A similar development from Yuga Labs has been abstractly discussed on the market for a long time, but after loud discussions and disputes regarding commission deductions to creators, the team decided to speed up the release of a new product to the market.
Clay Nation from Cardano released a video featuring Snoop Dogg and Champ Medici
The new official video for the song Clay Nation by Snoop Dogg and his son Cordell Broadus, also known as Champ Medici, has been released. Charles Hoskinson, co-founder of Cardano, appears in the clip, which makes it all the more intriguing.
An NFT initiative called Clay Nation uses the Cardano blockchain. Recently, Snoop and the Medicis worked together on the NFT project. On November 21, 2022, the newest official music video for “Bron And Bronny” was released.
What does the Bron And Bronny video include?
The video combines real life sequences (filmed at Charles’ ranch in real life) with clay animation. The animated episodes of Clay Nation feature iconic NFT projects such as BAYC, CryptoPunks, and Clay Nation. The Clay Nation CNFT project is currently one of the top 3 Cardano NFT projects. Since the launch of the video, the project has sold over 100,000 ADA.
What is Clay Nation NFT?
The Clay Nation NFT project from blockchain platform Cardano became famous for its first collection of 10,000 NFTs made from clay and popularized by rapper Snoop Dogg.
Thus, a high-profile NFT influencer like Snoop Dogg is increasingly promoting the NFT movement and stating their partnerships and collaborations.