In response to recent feedback from the Yuga Labs community, CEO Daniel Alegre has issued a comprehensive update, outlining the company’s strategies and future direction (a little earlier, the head already announced the upcoming restructuring). Alegre expressed gratitude for the valuable feedback received and highlighted the significance of community voices in shaping Yuga’s future.
I want to address some of the feedback the company and I have been receiving from many of you recently.
I respect the relevant, pointed feedback as I know it comes from a place of wanting to see improvements in our Yuga communities.
First, I will start with sharing some advice…
— Daniel Alegre (@dalegre) October 18, 2023
Reflecting on his six-month journey with Yuga, Alegre shared his immersive experiences attending meet-ups globally, emphasizing the importance of understanding the diverse perspectives within the Yuga family. He acknowledged the challenges faced by Yuga Labs due to its ambitious initiatives and revealed a focused approach toward prioritizing key aspects.
Alegre outlined three core priorities for Yuga Labs:
- Support Existing Communities: Yuga will strengthen its support for existing communities, fostering global connections, and emphasizing the importance of real-life events. Key initiatives include ApeFest in Hong Kong, highlighting the passion and dedication of community stewards within the company.
- Focus on Otherside Execution: Yuga’s Otherside platform, a cornerstone of its vision, will receive significant attention and investment. Alegre highlighted the challenges faced in Otherside’s evolution and emphasized the ongoing efforts to enhance the platform’s immersive experiences, involving strategic partnerships and acquisitions.
- Leverage Partnerships: Collaborations with reputable partners such as Gucci and BAPE® will continue, ensuring well-executed and unique partnerships for the community. Yuga aims to present engaging opportunities and experiences to its holders.
Yuga Labs Community Highlights
In his statement, the CEO also structured the vision and plans for each of the company’s projects:
- BAYC: Alegre emphasized the global entrepreneurial spirit of BAYC holders, promoting initiatives like “Made by Apes“. ApeFest in Hong Kong will be a testament to Yuga’s commitment to the club’s passionate community.
- CryptoPunks: Yuga Labs has increased engagement with museums and doubled down on community support to strengthen the CryptoPunks legacy. The Legacy Project and global meet-ups have united the Punk community.
- Meebits: Despite challenges, Meebits will transition into a dynamic ownership experience within Otherside. Alegre underlined the importance of community involvement in shaping the brand’s future.
- 10KTF: A deeper engagement opportunity for 10KTF within Otherside is planned, aligning with Yuga’s strategic vision.
- Otherside and Gaming: Yuga acknowledged the need for experienced gaming partners and revealed ongoing efforts to develop rewarding gaming experiences. The launch of a dedicated gaming channel aims to cater to diverse community interests.
- Ordinals: Yuga’s exploration of Bitcoin blockchain with TwelveFold and the development of weekly puzzles continue, with a focus on advancing blockchain technology.
Alegre concluded by expressing gratitude for the community’s ongoing support and invited members to ApeFest, reaffirming Yuga’s commitment to building culture on the blockchain. Despite immediate challenges, the company remains resolute in its long-term mission, with the community’s backing serving as a driving force.