After 19-year-old artist Victor Langlois aka FEWOCiOUS made $3.1 million by creating digital sneakers in partnership with RTFKT, a Nike-owned NFT studio, he hit his second big jackpot by launching his new project Paint Drop, which brought the young crypto enthusiast $19 million. Paint Drops NFTs are essentially the “building blocks” of FewoWorld’s generative art world. But what sets Paint Drops art from FEWOCiOUS apart from the other collections the NFT market is full of?
Paint by FEWOCiOUS Official Links
- Official site https://www.fewoworld.io
- Twitter @fewoworld – over 25k followers,
- Discord @fewoworld – over 24k members,
- Instagram @fewoworld – over 62k subscribers,
- YouTube @fewocious6774 – over 900 subscribers.
What is Paint by FEWOCiOUS?
The Paint Drop NFT collection by FEWOCiOUS is a unique project in the world of digital art. The collection currently consists of 7,308 NFTs. It was launched on April 3, 2022 and immediately gained recognition. Previously, the author partnered with the Nifty Gateway platform, which contributed to the successful launch of the project. It was announced that Paint is the first drop of the FewoWorld project.
Paint Drop was available for purchase on the Nifty Gateway platform. At the initial drop stage, users could buy as much Paint as they wanted, without any restrictions. After purchasing a Paint Drop, the crypto fans received one single NFT, which represented the amount of paint purchased.
The new project so delighted digital art fans that the collection became the third-largest drop on the Nifty Gateway. Paint tokens also proved in demand on secondary markets among NFT market whales. For example, Mateen Soudagar, known in his circles as DCLBlogger, bought the NFT #515 for $260,000. And the number 515 shows the amount of paint that is combined in a single drop. It’s one of the “heaviest” drops by far. That is, the more paint in your token, the more opportunities you will have.
The paradox of this project is that its entire concept and prospects are unknown, while the holders certainly trust the famous creator.
Paint by FEWOCiOUS in numbers
- The collection was launched on April 3, 2022.
- The sale was divided into 2 stages, pre-sale and public mint. During the Pre-Sale Mint, the cost of 1 Unit was $500 USD, while Public Mint was priced at $1,000 USD for 1 Unit.
- Mint was unlimited, and there were no quantitative restrictions for minting. To date, there are 7,308 NFTs.
- The total volume of secondary sales exceeded 15k ETH (more than $29 million at the current exchange rate).
- Floor price is 0.37 ETH (about $700).
- Average sales range from 0.3 ETH to 5 ETH.
- The most expensive #26 (181 Paint) was sold on April 10, 2022 for 100 ETH (over $320k at the time of sale).
- A total of 3,868 unique holders (53%). This shows the low chances of whales interconnection within the project. Thus, the risk of artificial project management from the inside is minimal.
- Only about 2% of the collection (166 pieces out of 7,308) are for sale, among them the offers range from 0.37 ETH to 56 ETH. This shows that almost all holders see the project as a great investment prospect and are not in a hurry to part with their assets at a lower price.
Data (including exchange rates) are given at the time of publication (April 11, 2023)
Paint by FEWOCiOUS types and attributes
Thanks to the technology and features of the smart contract, drops are combined if there are several of them in one cryptocurrency wallet, so the value and weight of the drop becomes greater. This technology is similar to The Merge by Pak collection. Therefore, in the name of each NFT you can see in brackets the number of drops that the token contains.
That said, the Paint by FEWOCiOUS NFT collection has a number of attributes:
- BW / Color (3),
- Doodle 1 (1),
- Doodle 2 (21),
- Doodle 3 (21),
- Doodle Count (3),
- Paint Quantity (119),
- Style (3).
The rarest tokens in the collection are NFTs with the Bw/color attribute:
- Color (total 135 pieces),
- Black & white (total 85 pieces),
- Half & half (total 23 pieces).
To date, it is not possible to unequivocally assess the special value of certain NFTs within the collection, because the full functionality of each attribute and the purpose of the token itself has not yet been disclosed.
Who created Paint by FEWOCiOUS?
The creator of the Paint NFT collection and the FewoWorld project is 19-year-old Las Vegas-based crypto enthusiast Victor Langlois, better known in the NFT world under the pseudonym FEWOCiOUS. He is one of the first (and perhaps youngest) NFT artists, quickly gaining popularity at a time when the NFT market experienced strong growth in early 2020.
FEWOCiOUS is also among the most successful crypto artists of our time. As of April 2022, his annual revenue was more than $17 million. After releasing a shoe collection in collaboration with RTFKT Studios, the guy made about $3 million in just 7 minutes! FEWOCiOUS is also considered the youngest artist ever to collaborate with Christie’s auction house. And at Sotheby’s auction, he sold his artwork “Nice to meet you, I’m Mr. MiSUNDERSTOOD” for $2.8 million.
FEWOCiOUS is in a sense an innovator in the world of NFT. By launching the FewoWorld project, he proved that it is possible to implement add-ons to the main project first, and then the project itself. This approach creates an ecosystem that is constantly evolving while attracting the interest of the community.
In addition to the innovative artist, the FewoWorld project team includes:
- Richerd (Manifold) @richerd – Web3 Development,
- Logan Gardner @logangardner3d – 3D & Generative Guru,
- Aaron @nostalgic_dream – Frontend Badass,
- Farokh @farokh – Chief Vibes Officer,
- James @jameshalldon – Discord Moderator,
- Permanent Arts @permanentarts – Studio & Project Management,
- Metav3rse @themetav3rse – Community Management.
It is worth saying that each member of the team is independently known in professional circles and has extensive experience in the space. And all together they form a very strong team of influencers and specialists.
Why is Paint by FEWOCiOUS popular?
FewoWorld, and the Paint NFT collection in particular, are generating a lot of interest from the community. And there are reasons for this, of course:
- One of the coolest features of the project is holding events called Paint Parties for community members. A particularly memorable one was the FewoWorld Paint Party in Brooklyn’s Greenpoint neighborhood on June 21, 2022. Everyone who entered a special room was invited to pick up a paintbrush and/or spray can and start creating, and overalls and leg nets were given to protect their clothes.
THE BIGGEST PAINT PARTY YET 😱❤️🤠 !!!!! IM STILL IN SHOCK AT HOW MANY PEOPLE CAME TO CREATE ART AND SHOW LOVE 😭😭 THANK YOU SO MUCH TO THE INCREDIBLE TEAM WHO HELPED BRING @FewoWorld TO LIFE !!!! ❤️🌐🧑🎨I CANT BELIEVE WE ONLY STARTED THESE A YEAR AGO 😭😭WHERE 2 NEXT ?? 👀❤️🕺🕺 pic.twitter.com/5ln3U6ogfK
— FEWOCiOUS (@fewocious) June 30, 2022
- Everything from huge sheets of paper hanging from the walls to newspapers on the floor and even articles of clothing were used as canvases. FEWOCiOUS himself strolled around the room spray-painting the event participants’ T-shirts at their request.
- Another pillar of the popularity of the young artist’s innovative endeavor is the FewoWorld project itself. This is an ambitious experiment aimed at creating an unfolding metaverse with elements of Web3 technology.
- Also, the system of cumulative effect is an undeniable advantage of the project. The more your NFT has paint, the more chances you have to discover all the hidden features of the FewoWorld universe.
- This collection is the first step in the FewoWorld universe. The holders of the first series will have increased capabilities in the future.
The idea of the Paint NFT collection and the FewoWorld project
FewoWorld attracts with its colorfulness and fabulous atmosphere. The mission of the project is to bring everyone together in a creative environment, where everyone gets full freedom of creative pursuits.
At the same time, the entire concept of the project is not consciously disclosed. It was only in January 2023 that the creator published a trailer of the Fewos universe.
Been workin so hard & I’m so excited to reveal the FIRST OFFICIAL TRAILER for Fewos! 💌🕺 I know y’all been patient, so thank you so much for supporting me! ❤️ pic.twitter.com/oaUMGkOQFv
— FEWOCiOUS (@fewocious) January 12, 2023
As FEWOCiOUS admits, the creation of FewoWorld was a very difficult process. The artist is aware that Web3 is a new realm that the world does not yet fully understand. Apparently, in order to make it more accessible to ordinary users, FEWOCiOUS launched a new digital universe.
Let me tell you, I went for so many walks, staring into cracks in the wall or graffiti, and how it fades away slightly, and I’m used to drawing people but making FewoWorld is like: ’What does the grass look like? What do windows when they’re a little bit dusty look like? They don’t look like in real life, do they?’ It’s thinking about little things like that and observing the real world and how I would see it in my world, and what I would change about it. This is what the creator says about it.
The concept of the project also includes the value of a token based on the amount of paint in a drop. That is, when several tokens are purchased, they are combined to form a single digital asset. And the indicator of “weight” is reflected in the name of the NFT. Based on this, the official website even maintains a ranking of “heavyweights,” and its leader with the nickname El Berlin has a drop with as much as 561 paints.
Paint by FEWOCiOUS Roadmap
The roadmap of the NFT project is presented in the form of branded infographics, from which we see the following directions of development:
- Having a token gives you the opportunity to get an original artist painting, become a member of Paint Party and have your own character in the Fewos universe.
- Branded merch.
- Shooting brand videos in storytelling format that will tell about the project and its new steps in the space.
FewoWorld rests on three pillars, that is, sub-collections:
- FewoWorld Fewos.
The Paint NFT collection is 7,308 building blocks for the FewoWorld universe. The supply of these tokens was unlimited. The holders of NFTs from the same author were entitled to a 50% discount at Nifty Gateway. There were no whitelists for these tokens. And 2,500 Paint Drops were supposed to be reserved for giving away for attending Fewo events.
Also, during the initial sale, a Leaderboard live table was shown displaying the top 50 buyers of Paint. They were to receive an additional Diamond Paint NFT trophy and one of 100 1/1 Fewo NFTs from the future Fewos character collection.
To date, the collection’s trading volume has exceeded 15k ETH, and the floor price is more than 0.37 ETH.
Canvas NFTs (of which there have been 1,372 to date) have been given via drop to those owners who ranked in the top 50 Paint holders or who attended the Fewo event. Canvas are virtual representations of works that were drawn by FEWOCiOUS and the token holders at each of the Fewo events. And each NFT includes metadata that indicates where and when it was created.
The secondary trading volume exceeded 430 ETH, and the floor price is 0.61 ETH.
Fewos is an anticipated project of the FewoWorld universe. The NFT collection will include the humanoid characters that inhabit FewoWorld. It is not yet known exactly when Fewos is scheduled to launch.
How much do Paint by FEWOCiOUS NFTs cost?
The collection was launched on April 3, 2022 on Nifty Gateway. The sale was divided into 2 stages:
- Pre-Sale Mint (the cost of minting for 1 Unit was $500 USD or 0.145 ETH at that time),
- Public Mint (minting cost for 1 Unit was $1000 USD or 0.29 ETH at that time).
Mint was unlimited, and there were no quantitative restrictions on minting. To date, there are 7,308 Paint Units. That’s when the collection started trading on the secondary markets, where there was great demand for it. How are things now?
To visualize the price dynamics, we made a slice of the average price for 1 NFT:
- In June 2022: 0.6 ETH;
- In November 2022: 0.9 ETH;
- In February 2023: 0.5 ETH.
As of April 6, 2023, the floor price is 0.37 ETH. On average, the latest sales range from 0.3 to 5 ETH. And the total volume of secondary sales amounted to more than 15k ETH (more than $29 million at the moment).
The Most expensive sales of Paint by FEWOCiOUS
The most expensive sales are led by the following NFTs from the Paint by FEWOCiOUS collection:
- #26 (181 Paint) was sold on April 10, 2022 for 100 ETH (over $320k at the time of sale);
- #52 (166 Paint) was sold on April 10, 2022 for 69 ETH (over $222k at the time of sale);
- #22 (200 Paint) was sold on January 3, 2023 for 60 ETH (over $73k at the time of sale);
- #42 (172 Paint) was sold on April 25, 2022 for 52.5 ETH (over $158k at the time of sale).
Where to buy Paint by FEWOCiOUS?
How to buy Paint by FEWOCiOUS?
- Remember that initially you need to connect your crypto wallet with self-storage to the marketplace of your choice.
- Next, find the official collection using the search bar on the marketplace.
- Analyze and choose the NFT you want to buy; click on it and then on the “Buy” button.
- Or you can bet on the token you like. Make sure you leave enough ETH for gas or transaction fees. If the seller approves your bid, the deal goes through.
Should you invest in FewoWorld and the Paint NFT collection?
NFT experts are convinced that the FewoWorld project is definitely worth the attention of crypto investors. And there are the following reasons for this:
- The author of the project is the famous and very successful crypto artist FEWOCiOUS, who achieved dizzying business heights already in his teenage years. The members of FewoWorld community have all reasons to expect further benefits from participation in his new brainchild.
- The FewoWorld universe with its Web3 elements offers unprecedented opportunities for creativity and self-realization.
- The project cooperates with Nifty Gateway, one of the most reputable NFT platforms in the world.
- The team includes eminent and well-known professionals such as Farokh, Logan Gardner and others.
- The team does not disclose globally the concept and all its plans, but there will definitely be a large-scale development of the project.
- The NFT collection’s floor price has never dropped below the minting price and has shown stability and potential growth for more than a year.
In any case, do your own in-depth analysis and research when investing in NFTs, and then make your own decision.
Opinion of NFTmetria
The FewoWorld project opens up amazing opportunities for both novice crypto artists and all fans of the NFT world who want to get involved with modern Web3 technology. Author and artist FEWOCiOUS makes you look at the world and digital artwork in a new way. Epathetic events, which are held by this young crypto enthusiast, unite users and charge them with a powerful creative energy. Despite the fact that all perspectives of FewoWorld project are not revealed by the team, this ambitious project holds a powerful potential and promises many pleasant surprises to the community members in the future.