If you actively follow the field of art and not only classical art, then you probably know about the trend of recent years – artificial intelligence. Yes, artificial intelligence and customizable algorithms are actively used by artists from different parts of the world. With its help, they create art, modern, new, unique.
One of those who actively promotes and supports interaction with AI is Tyler Hobbs. He has been working on the algorithm for his paintings since 2016 and is still improving it. At the moment, the Fidenza project is one of the most profitable and famous in the field of digital art. For example, Fidenza #313 was sold on August 23, 2021 for 1,000 ETH, which at that time was about 3.3 million USD. And in total, secondary sales exceeded the figure of 55k ETH (more than $88 million at the current exchange rate).
- Official website https://tylerxhobbs.com/fidenza
- Twitter @tylerxhobbs – over 78k readers,
- Instagram @tylerxhobbs – over 30k subscribers,
What is FIDENZA?
FIDENZA is an NFT collection of 999 tokens by Tyler Hobbs. It was created under the influence of the work of the German impressionist Franz Clin, and was the name from the city of the same name in Italy.
The NFT collection is included in the curatorial section of the generative art of Art Blocks. The supervised projects are art blocks equivalent to visiting the Louvre or Museum of Modern Art. They extend the boundaries of generative art with their aesthetic beauty, conceptualization, technical quality and innovation. And the bright star is FIDENZA.
FIDENZA is my most universal generative algorithm to date. Although it is not too complicated, the main structures of the algorithm are very flexible, which provides sufficient diversity to obtain constantly amazing results. So, the artist himself responds about his famous collection
The uniqueness of the project lies in its generative nature. While most tokens were created as paintings, digitized and collected into collections, Fidenza was generated using computer code. The artist himself worked in the field of new aesthetics and worked on his algorithm for a long time. So, Tyler Hobbs decided to combine a machine algorithm with his knowledge of the arts (color science and shaping).
This can be seen throughout the NFT collection, because the algorithm is only engaged in the implementation of the concept of the artist, and he chose the colors and shape himself. At the same time, all the rectangles that are on 999 tokens of the collection never intersect with each other, even the smallest of them. We can say that the algorithm helped to realize the creative taste and skills of the artist and turn them into 999 paintings, unique, inimitable, stylish, competent from the point of view of academic art.
Fidenza in numbers
- The NFT collection was created on June 21, 2021 at the most famous platform for generative art Art Blocks,
- From the beginning of the auction, all works were sold in just 25 minutes at a cost of 0.17 ETH (400 dollars at that time),
- The project is ranked 29th among the best NFT collections in terms of sales of all time on the largest NFT marketplace OpenSea,
- Total secondary sales exceeded 55k (over $88 million at current exchange rates),
- Floor price is crazy 87 ETH (about 140k dollars),
- The most expensive Fidenza #313 was sold on August 23, 2021 for 1,000 ETH (about $3.3 million),
- Fidenza #313 ranks 3rd in terms of cost among all NFTs on the Art Blocks site, second only to works from the Ringers collection by Dmitri Cherniak,
- A total of 463 unique holders (46%), meaning each holder owns approximately one token from the collection. And this fact is obvious due to the extreme limitation in quantity and the high cost of acquisition.
- Only about 5% of the collection (53 NFTs out of 999) are for sale, among them the range of offers from 87 ETH to 1100 ETH. This shows that almost all holders see the project as a great investment prospect and are not in a hurry to part with their assets at a lower price.
Data (including exchange rates) are given at the time of publication of the article
Who created Fidenza?
The Fidenza NFT collection was created by generative artist Tyler Hobbs. Thanks to this project, he became one of the most famous and respected artists of generative art, as well as one of the TOP of the best NFT artists of all time.
The NFT collection was presented on June 21, 2021 at Art Blocks, the largest generative art platform, but Tyler Hobbs started working on the project back in 2016. The process of working on the algorithms and the program itself took so much time. Yes, generative art is a laborious, painstaking and slow process. But the result of five years of work exceeded all possible expectations.
He confidently declares that it is his algorithm that is the most perfect to date. And this is important, because he pushed for the development of AI and generative art.
How was the Fidenza collection created?
The Fidenza NFT collection was created and minted at the Art Blocks generative art platform, which is the best of its kind today. But the service only implements the idea and technical base of the author. The artist himself developed his own code and used it to generate exactly the images that we see today.
My works are created exclusively with the help of programming. I do not draw by hand and do not use any kind of Photoshop or post-editing on any of my work. Creator Tyler Hobbs says
Tyler Hobbs called his Flow Field algorithm. This algorithm is the basis of the artist’s paintings. Despite everything, he returns to him again and again, when you need to create something original.
The algorithm works as follows:
- First, a grid of corners is created. Roughly speaking, the marking of the entire field is created where figures or images will be placed;
- then, a drawing is made according to the outflates (this is how to combine figures by points);
- The parameters of figures are set: FIDENZA consists of rectangles, someone creates circles or abstract images. Everyone can prove themselves. There are no restrictions here;
- And the final stage becomes a color scheme.
There are both basic and additional colors. Here the artist himself sets the parameters of the palette, and distributes everything the algorithm.
In addition, the following parameters are laid in the algorithm:
- Figure parameter. They have several varieties that differ in the thickness of the lines, and the rarity of tokens depends on this.
- The total size of the figures on the canvas.
There are paintings only with large or only with small figures on them. And there are those where the dimension goes mixed to achieve the necessary visual effect.
Why is Fidenza so popular and expensive?
The Fidenza NFT collection has gained such high popularity for a number of reasons that affect the value of the tokens. These factors influenced the current value, they will also affect the potential growth in the price of tokens over time:
- These are the first works of their kind to gain popularity. At the same time, there is a certain extreme limit and rarity of tokens, which will make them in demand in the future;
- A unique generative project that brought the genre of generative art back to popularity;
- The artist’s algorithm even tried to “steal” Solana by creating a similar project SolBlocks Series I (Fidenza). Such complete copying confirms popularity.
- Leslie Alexander (bond trader and former owner of Houston Rockets) became interested in the tokens and purchased tokens for a total of 280.50 ETH. Involvement of well-known people in the project always increases the attention of the public.
- The NFT collection came at the right time when NFTs were at the height of their popularity.
Fidenza doesn’t have a roadmap as it was an artist solo project. A complete collection of 999 tokens that are actively traded and collected by wealthy collectors. It is precisely this limitation and lack of derivative collections that makes this collection exclusive, and the ownership of these NFTs increases social status, shows taste, understanding of trends and is a bright banner in the collection of investors.
In this situation, Fidenza is a good option for long-term investments. The main value of the artist and his project is the generative algorithm that he created for the release of the NFT collection. And in this case, it is necessary to follow the artist and his activities, plans and projects.
How much does Fidenza cost?
In June 2021, minting Fidenza tokens on the site cost 0.17 ETH ($400 at that time). Then all the works were sold in 25 minutes. And from that moment on, the value of these works only grew.
To visualize the price dynamics, we made a cut at the average price for 1 NFT:
- in September 2021 – 210 ETH,
- in January 2022 – 71 ETH,
- in March 2022 – 82 ETH,
- in June 2022 – 93 ETH,
- in September 2022 – 95 ETH.
- in December 2022 – 99 ETH.
Now (January 2023) the minimum price is 87 ETH. On average, the latest sales are in the range of 80-300 ETH. And the total volume of secondary sales amounted to more than 55k ETH (about $88 million).
Most Expensive Sales of Fidenza
The most expensive sales are led by the following NFTs from the Fidenza NFT collection:
- #313 sold on August 24, 2021 for 1000 ETH ($3.3 million at the time of sale). And it is owned, by the way, by the famous NFT collector 6529.
- #77 sold on September 30, 2021 for 950 ETH ($2.6 million at the time of sale).
- #772 sold on August 25, 2021 for 777 ETH ($2.5 million at the time of sale).
- #723 sold on August 18, 2021 for 650 ETH ($2 million at the time of sale).
Where to buy Fidenza?
Fidenza is currently only available on the OpenSea aftermarket.
How to buy Fidenza?
- Remember that initially you need to connect your crypto wallet with self-storage to the marketplace of your choice.
- Next, find the official collection using the search bar on the marketplace,
- Analyze and choose the NFT you want to buy; click on it and then on the “Buy” button.
- Or you can bet on the token you like. Make sure you leave enough ETH for gas or transaction fees. If the seller approves your bid, the deal goes through.
Should you invest in Fidenza?
Is it worth investing in generative art? Costs.
Should you invest in Fidenza? Costs.
- This is one of the first generative NFT collections to achieve such a resounding success.
- Generative art is a promising industry that is gaining unprecedented popularity.
- Regular development of generation algorithms, which is an important aspect for increasing the value of tokens.
- Lack of volatility within the project. Even when most NFT projects have lost their original value, Fidenza’s digital paintings retain their value. The minimum price for a token is 87 ETH. In the future, the cost will only increase.
- This is an accomplished project that has entered the history of the digital industry as a landmark collection of generative art.
Opinion of NFTMetria
How correct is it to talk about the prospects of digital art in a world where it is more relevant than ever? We think it would be redundant. Algorithms are improving every day, new faces and names appear in the industry. But the name of Tyler Hobbs and his famous NFT collection will forever go down in history as one of the pioneers, one of those who began to revive generative creativity and gave it a “second life”.
The Fidenza project is not just an expensive and promising product of the artist. It carries the history as one of the first and important for the industry. The fact that the author himself worked on algorithms, improved them and achieved such success will cause admiration and respect from community members and collectors.
Looking at the current trends in the field of NFT (namely, the popularization of works with generation and the dense work of artists with AI), digital creativity will rise in price, develop, and the first collections (just released at the dawn of NFT development) will cost a lot of money in the future. Therefore, investing in Fidenza is a win-win option.