We present the NFT News Digest for the past week from 5 to 11 August. Follow the links to learn more about each news.
And here are the main market news for this week:
- Reebok, the sporting goods and apparel giant, and VeeFriends, one of the most successful NFT collections from influencer Gary Vee, recently announced a collaborative collection called Aspiring Alpaca Classic Nylon.
- On 7 August, in a groundbreaking move that could potentially reshape the landscape of digital finance, PayPal, the global leader in online payment solutions, has unveiled its own cryptocurrency PayPal USD ($PYUSD) based on the Ethereum blockchain’s ERC-20 standard. This announcement signals a significant step forward in the convergence of traditional financial institutions and the burgeoning world of cryptocurrencies.
- Doodles NFTs and Crocs have announced a collaboration that is expected to release stylized signature shoes, wearables, and jibbitz this August.
- New Pudgy Penguins collectible physics toys called “Left Facing” sold out in just 8 seconds. A total of 150 items were issued at $249, each with its own NFT (ERC-721 token). In addition, each toy is equipped with a digital label. By scanning it, the owner is immersed in a world of online activities featuring lovable penguins.
- South Korean NFT animator DeeKay Kwon and renowned NFT influencer and collector Cozomo de’ Medici (Snoop Dogg`s crypto alias) released their joint NFT collection New Era on BASE on August 10th. For the first time in the history of the artist, an open edition format was chosen. This event took place in collaboration with Coinbase NFT marketplace and Friends With Benefits (FWB).
- In July, Jack Butcher and Jalil.ETH launched the Infinity Checks NFT collection. At first, it attracted increased attention, first because of the idea and the big names of the creators. And now the creators have reported that the smart contract of Infinity Checks has been hacked and all the money has been stolen.