Sappy Seals is an NFT collection that relates to the metaculture of memes in the NFT space. With these funny and cute fur seals, you can dive into the PIXL metaverse with a multitude of game modes. Despite the team’s anonymity and bear market, the Sappy Seals collection has topped the charts and captivated users on Twitter and the NFT space.
Sappy Seals Official Links
- Official site https://www.sappyseals.io
- Twitter @SappySealsNFT – over 87k followers,
- Discord @SappySeals – over 17k members
What are Sappy Seals?
Sappy Seals is a collection of 10,000 NFTs (the ERC-721 token standard) on the Ethereum blockchain. This NFT collection belongs to the PFP category.
Some part of the 10,000 NFT collection (17 1/1 tokens) is exclusive and the most valuable, and can be obtained only from the team for winning the project’s Discord contests, or in the metaverse for ranking in the game modes. Exclusive Sappy Seals are easy to recognize. They do not have a number and have their own name. To date, 15 of the 17 characters have been given out, the remaining 2 are still unpublished mysterious Sappy Seals, which means that everyone still has a chance to get them for the highest activity.
The project also pursues charitable and environmental purposes. Royalties from the sale of NFTs go to support projects focusing on cleaning up the oceans from garbage, as well as projects that are aimed at fighting environmental pollution.
The project has recently entered PixlVerse, a shared metaverse whose main project ($PIXL token) is hosted on the BSC network, like most projects in PixlVerse. In this NFT metaverse, Sappy Seals can also be staked for the $PIXL token. Also, the token can be earned for participating in game modes. That said, PixlVerse and Sappy Seals are separate projects that share the same creator, a person named wab.eth on Twitter.
The project has relatively recently launched its own merch which can be purchased from the online store by each user, regardless of whether they are owners or not.
Sappy Seals in numbers
- The collection was launched in August 2021 through a public sale on OpenSea at a price of 0.06 ETH.
- All 10,000 tokens sold out in less than 5 minutes.
- The total volume of secondary sales exceeded 28k ETH (over $50M at the current exchange rate).
- Floor price is 0.85 ETH (about $1,500).
- Average sales range from 0.66 ETH to 1.76 ETH.
- The most expensive Fiskantes was sold on February 9, 2022 for 17.7 ETH (about $57k at the time of sale).
- Total 2,076 unique holders (21%).
- Only about 2% of the collection (175 pieces out of 10,000) are for sale, among them the offers range from 0.85 ETH to 75 ETH. This shows that almost all holders see the project as a great investment prospect and are not in a hurry to part with their assets at a lower price.
Data (including exchange rates) are given at the time of publication (March 31, 2023)
Sappy Seals types and attributes
Sappy Seals NFTs relate to fur seals which have different attributes, and some of them are very ambiguous. For example, Sappy Seal #336 has an arrow in its head as an attribute. The collection can be classified as a meme collection in the NFT space, as some of tokens are quite comical looking, for instance, that Sappy Seal #336.
In total, you will find 270 attributes in the collection, and they are divided into 7 categories:
- Hidden (1),
- Background (36),
- Body (74),
- Extra (35),
- Face (37),
- Head (56),
- Skin (31).
Who created Sappy Seals?
The Sappy Seals project team consists of 6 anonymous people.
The creator of the project is wab.eth @wabdoteth, who is also the founder of the PixlVerse project. But the projects are not related to each other, they are rather partnerships, or in other words, collaborations.
Why is Sappy Seals popular?
The most important reason for the popularity of the collection is the availability of exclusive 1/1 NFTs as part of the collection. They are at the top of the most expensive sales of the collection. At the moment, not all exclusive Sappy Seals are minted. You can get them for participating in contests on the project’s Discord server, as well as for ranking in the Pixl metaverse.
The metaverse also plays an equally prominent role. Players can buy items on the marketplace to participate in the game modes of the metaverse, and NFT staking that brings a reward in $PIXL can recoup the cost of buying NFTs.
Sappy Seals Idea
Sappy Seals is a reflection of the metaculture of memes, such as DOGE or mfers, and this collection refers to fur seals. Memes in space and in the NFT market are sometimes a resounding success even without their application.
The collection is also characterized by a great cohesion of its users.
Sappy Seals seems to have the coolest community members out there. Anyone want to gift me one?
— PJ 🎈 (@0xPJCooper) September 16, 2022
The community’s support for the project has drawn attention first and foremost because of the bear market. When there’s blood in the streets, Sappy Seals enter the top collections chart, something that few projects manage to do.
Sappy Seals Roadmap
The project does not have a roadmap. The team announces all upcoming events on their Twitter.
Sappy Seals Ecosystem
The project ecosystem includes:
- Branded merch,
- Sappy Seals online store,
- A marketplace of game elements for the PIXL metaverse.
Indirect ecosystem projects include the $PIXL token and the PixlVerse metaverse.
Merch and online store
The project has its own merch, as well as an online store, where there are mainly T-shirts and hoodies. Merch prices start at $34.99.
The marketplace features rare, epic, and legendary items for the various game modes in the PIXL metaverse. Items can be purchased using the minting method for a $PIXL utility token. There are a total of 14 in-game items of varying rarity. The greater the rarity, the higher the price of their mint.
The PixlVerse metaverse is represented by its Pixl Pets collection.
The metaverse is also available to other projects that have entered into partnerships. Sappy Seal has its own domain in the metaverse, where game modes for the project are located.
The $PIXL token is ecosystem-based in the PIXL metaverse and is launched throughout the metaverse for every project that has entered into a partnership. Initially, it was leveraged for the main collection of the metaverse, PIXL Pets. Then, the token became available for all projects that entered the PixlVerse metaverse.
How much do Sappy Seals cost?
In August 2021, the Sappy Seals collection was released with a public sale price of 0.06 ETH. That same month, the collection began trading on secondary markets, where there was great demand for it. And how are things in terms of pricing?
To illustrate the price dynamics, we made a slice of the average price for 1 NFT:
- In December 2021: 0.29 ETH;
- In March 2022: 0.9 ETH;
- In August 2022: 0.55 ETH;
- In December 2022: 0.9 ETH.
As of March 27, 2023, the floor price is 0.85 ETH. On average, the latest sales range from 0.66 to 1.76 ETH. And the total volume of secondary sales amounted to more than 28k ETH (more than $50 million).
The Most Expensive Sales of Sappy Seals
The most expensive sales are led by the following NFTs from the Sappy Seals collection:
- Fiskantes was sold on February 9, 2022 for 17.7 ETH (about $57k at the time of sale);
- Barney The Boy was sold on September 8, 2022 for 17 ETH (about $28k at the time of sale);
- Ice King was sold on June 8, 2022 for 15 ETH (about $27k at the time of sale);
- Crypto God John was sold on February 13, 2022 for 15 ETH (about $43k at the time of sale).
Where to buy Sappy Seals?
Currently, Sappy Seals can only be purchased on the secondary market, on marketplaces such as OpenSea, X2Y2 and LooksRare.
How to buy Sappy Seals?
- Remember that initially you need to connect your crypto wallet with self-storage to the marketplace of your choice.
- Next, find the official collection using the search bar on the marketplace.
- Analyze and choose the NFT you want to buy; click on it and then on the “Buy” button.
- Or you can bet on the token you like. Make sure you leave enough ETH for gas or transaction fees. If the seller approves your bid, the deal goes through.
Should you invest in Sappy Seals?
There are several factors that make this collection look good from the investment point of view:
- The floor price of the collection has never been lower than the minting price;
- Owners of NFTs can earn passive income in $PIXL token for staking their NFTs;
- Opportunity to earn an exclusive NFT for participation in contests and ranking in the PIXL metaverse;
- Multiple game modes in the PIXL metaverse for token holders, as well as game items that can be purchased for the utility token.
Remember that investment in this collection can be a long-term one. Therefore, only your own analysis allows you to soberly assess the NFT market.
Opinion of NFTmetria
Sappy Seals is an NFT project that combines both a metaculture of memes in the NFT space and the play-to-earn format through a partnership with the PixlVerse project. Having gathered the best community around it, the project is still shaking Twitter, and the floor price of the collection shows stability over such a long distance. Definitely, the project has a lot to develop, and maybe in the future it will be another blue-chip project.