It’s probably no secret that dogs are in particular demand in the cryptocurrency and NFT space. Dogs in crypto are already pop culture thanks to the Dogecoin cryptocurrency meme. And in the NFT market, a similar project that has found its large community of fans and has popularity is The Doge Pound. The project is focused on the community and the privileges for it. We’ll talk more about this in our today’s review.
The Doge Pound Official Links
- Official site https://thedogepoundnft.com
- Twitter @TheDogePoundNFT – over 191k subscribers,
- Discord @dogepound – over 21k participants,
- Instagram @thedogepoundnfts – over 5k followers,
- YouTube @dogepoundshelter7509 – over 300 subscribers,
- Medium @TheDogePound – over 200 followers.
What is The Doge Pound?
The Doge Pound is a collection of 10,000 NFTs presented on the Ethereum blockchain with the ERC-721 token standard.
The collection represents cute dogs that have different backgrounds, colors, emotions, and capes. They are made in cartoon style. We can also say that the characters perpetuate dog-themed memes, which started with the Dogecoin cryptocurrency.
That said, the project is aimed at the profile charity. Specifically, a royalty from each NFT sold is donated to the The Doge Pound Shelter foundation, the largest dog rescue shelter in East Africa. As of today, the shelter is still under construction.
NFT holders receive benefits including:
- early access to presales from partner collections, or from The Doge Pound studios,
- early access to upcoming P2E (Play-to-Earn) games and conferences.
Additional NFT collections have also been released:
- Doge Pound Puppies,
- Doge Pound Halloween,
- Doge Pound Christmas,
- Diamond Paws,
- Founders Token.
Some of these collections were airdropped, that is, there was early access to free minting for NFT holders of the main collection.
A rarity platform for the main collection, RarityRanks, was also launched, and with it the expansion. But even that wasn’t all. The Doges got into the real world. An online store with physical items and The Doge Pound merch was opened.
The Doge Pound in numbers
- The collection was launched in early September 2021 with a minting price of 0.069 ETH. It is worth noting that at that time, minting of 1 NFT could cost the user a gas fee of $50 to $150 in ETH, depending on the load of the Ethereum network.
- The total volume of secondary sales exceeded 30k ETH (over $47M according to the official website).
- Floor price is 0.17 ETH (about $270).
- Average sales range from 0.15 ETH to 0.22 ETH.
- The most expensive #1584 was sold on September 1, 2021 for 21.69 ETH ($75k at the time of sale).
- A total of 5,354 unique holders (54%). This shows the low chances of whales interconnection within the project. Thus, the risk of artificial project management from the inside is minimal.
- Only about 2% of the collection (195 items out of 10,000) are for sale, among them the offers range from 0.17 ETH to 3 ETH. This shows that almost all holders see the project as a great investment prospect and are not in a hurry to part with their assets at a lower price.
Data (including exchange rates) are given at the time of publication (March 7, 2023)
Who Created The Doge Pound?
The project team consists of an impressive number of artists, developers and crypto enthusiasts. These are professionals from the game studio The Doge Pound which also created the project Deez NFTs. The studio was created thanks to the connection of developers from Deez NFTs and The Doge Pound.
The Doge Pound NFT project is represented by a team of 30 people. The leaders of the project are:
- John Lemon (Kyle Van Dyn Hoven), Founder,
- AMGI Studios, Co-Owner and Head of Creative,
- Griff, Community Manager.
Also, the project has gained quite famous partners such as Binance NFT, cryptocurrency exchange Crypto.com, news portal Cointelegraph, American exchange CoinBase, as well as projects Deez NFTS, Share Tanzania, MintVerse, and Pepo Paradise. In addition, the team cooperates with such game developers as My Pet Hooligan, Evaverse and others.
Why is The Doge Pound popular?
The Doge Pound is very popular. And there are reasons for that, of course:
- Cooperation with leading exchanges, and namely Binance, Crypto, CoinBase, as well as with news portals and popular projects. Binance NFT stands out among all of them. In the NFT space, cooperation with such giant of the crypto market often guarantees the success of the project even before its launch.
- The floor price of the collection is around 0.20 ETH. This is a fairly affordable threshold for entering a popular project.
- Privileges to NFT owners in the form of early access to the studio’s products, as well as access to presales of partner collections and airdrops.
- Rewarding loyal owners with Diamond Paws tokens, which will mean access to future exclusive events. These tokens also serve as signs of homor for loyal and active members of The Doge Pound community.
The Doge Pound Idea
The developers make no secret that the project is aimed primarily at the community, and have provided everything for this purpose like early access to projects and collections’ presales, rewards, and bonuses. In short, Doge owners get early access to the products of the game studio and its partners.
One of the benefits to The Doge Pound community is the LaunchPad. With it, it is possible to avoid gas wars when minting collections, or launching IDO. Above all, this LaunchPad is designed for cartoon Doge owners.
The project has also become a kind of pop icon for dog lovers and NFT collectors. They are offered great benefits, the most prominent of which is maintaining a strong community regardless of region or language.
The Doge Pound in some ways perpetuates the dog meta-culture in the NFT space. Dog-themed memes have evolved from a joke coin DOGE into worthwhile and progressive projects. Thus, projects like The Doge Pound reinforce the dog theme in the crypto space.
The Doge Pound Roadmap
The project roadmap is presented for the long haul, with no separation by phases or periods of completing.
The steps that have already been completed are as follows:
- Launching the main and additional NFT collections (Doge Pound Puppies, Doge Pound Christmas, Diamond Paws, Founders Token);
- Launching projects from the LaunchPad (Deez NFTs and JRNY Club NFT);
- Launching an updated project website, as well as a merchandise store, extension and RarityRanks website;
- Partnership agreements with Binance, Crypto, CoinBase have been signed and renewed,
- Partnerships with game studios DeRace, Evaverse, My Pet Hooligan;
- A website for donations for The Doge Pound dog shelter has been launched, and the construction of the shelter has begun.
There are also future plans as well:
- Launching the 3D Doges NFT collection,
- Live Event in LA, Doge Connect, Smart Doges,
- Completion of the shelter, popularization of the channel on YouTube,
- Development and launch of The Doge Pound metaverse, including the Manic Games and The Feeding Game mini-games.
It is worth noting that the project team is almost entirely committed to the roadmap. This may mean that the project is aimed at a long distance, which may be several years.
The Doge Pound Ecosystem
The Doge Pound has a full ecosystem that creates a strong infrastructure. Several additional collections have been launched since the release of the main collection:
- Doge Pound Puppies,
- Doge Pound Christmas,
- Diamond Paws,
- Founders Token.
The project also has:
- Its own online merch store,
- RarityRanks, the extension and website for tracking the rarity,
- The LaunchPad,
- A website to raise funds for the construction of a dog shelter.
Doge Pound Puppies
Doge Pound Puppies is a NFT collection of 8,346 puppies that were received by the owners of the main collection for free. The developers hint that they will be of some use in the future. To date, trading volume on secondary markets has exceeded 3.5k ETH, and the floor price is 0.02 ETH.
Doge Pound Christmas
Doge Pound Christmas is a Christmas collection of 10,000 Christmas Doges. Each owner of the main NFT collection received 1 Doge Pound Christmas for free. To date, trading volume on secondary markets has exceeded 9 ETH and the floor price is 0.0014 ETH.
Diamond Paws is a non-tradable NFT that was created to reward the loyal and faithful users of the project. The token will be active as long as there has been at least one The Doge Pound NFT in one wallet since it was minted. The total number of Diamond Paws is 1,885, but there are those who are trying to put it up for sale. The trading volume is 0, but the floor price is 0.2 ETH.
Each FoundersToken has tremendous benefits. Minting of this token costs 1 ETH, but it is available for free to valuable community members. Token holders will be given four lands in a future metaverse. There are 420 tokens in total. Trading volume on OpenSea is over 140 ETH and floor price is over 0.3 ETH.
The official online store of the project with a variety of different merch like cushions, clothing, attributes, phone covers, mugs, etc.
RarityRanks is a special platform and extension with which you can see the rating not only of The Doge Pound collection, but also that of others. Developers of other projects can also add their product via a special form. At the moment, more than 950 collections have been added to the site and to the extension.
Donate – The Doge Pound Shelter
Donate – The Doge Pound Shelter is the official fundraising page for building a dog shelter. Funds are also donated from royalties on all of the project’s collections, as well as from part of profits from the online store sales.
The LaunchPad is a unique concept from the developers to provide additional services and benefits to NFT owners. At the same time, the LaunchPad will attract new users to the project. New launches on the LaunchPad will be announced in the “launchpad” channel on the project’s official Discord server and will only be available to The Doge Pound owners.
How much do The Doge Pound NFTs cost?
The collection was launched in early September 2021 with a minting price of 0.069 ETH. How has the project evolved since then in terms of pricing?
To visualize the price dynamics, we made a slice of the average price for 1 NFT:
- in October 2021: 3 ETH,
- in January 2022: 2 ETH,
- in April 2022: 0.6 ETH,
- in October 2022: 0.3 ETH,
- in December 2022: 0.3 ETH.
Now (March 7, 2023) the minimum price is 0.17 ETH. On average, the latest sales range from 0.15 to 0.22 ETH. And the total volume of secondary sales amounted to more than 30k ETH (about $47 million at the current exchange rate).
The Most Expensive Sales of The Doge Pound
The most expensive sales are led by the following NFTs from The Doge Pound collection:
- #1584 was sold on September 1, 2021 for 21.69 ETH ($75k at the time of sale),
- #7373 was sold on December 11, 2021 for 17 ETH ($69k at the time of sale),
- #3599 was sold on September 1, 2021 for 15.9 ETH ($55k at the time of sale),
- #7914 was sold on July 23, 2021 for 15 ETH ($30k at the time of sale).
Where to buy Doge Pound?
Currently, The Doge Pound NFTs are only available on the secondary market, on marketplaces such as OpenSea, X2Y2 and LooksRare.
How to buy The Doge Pound NFTs?
- Remember that initially you need to connect your crypto wallet with self-storage to the marketplace of your choice.
- Next, find the official collection using the search bar on the marketplace.
- Analyze and choose the NFT you want to buy; click on it and then on the “Buy” button.
- Or you can bet on the token you like. Make sure you leave enough ETH for gas or transaction fees. If the seller approves your bid, the deal goes through.
Should you invest in The Doge Pound?
The collection can reasonably be treated positively, and here’s why:
- Minting was carried out with a price of 0.069 ETH, but now the floor price is about 0.17 ETH.
- Huge privileges for NFT holders in the form of early access to partner products, airdrops and presales of partner collections.
- Cooperation with the largest exchange Binance, as well as with the top exchanges Crypto, Coinbase, and other successful projects.
- The entry threshold to the collection is 0.17 ETH, which is relatively low.
- Future events in major US cities.
- A well-developed project roadmap which is being implemented in full.
In any case, do your own in-depth analysis and research when investing in NFTs, and then make your own decision.
Opinion of NFTmetria
Pop culture and dog meme culture are increasingly gaining popularity, but instead of joke projects, there are already serious projects like The Doge Pound. It’s that rare project that embodies sympathy for dogs even on a physical level, which is reflected in building a shelter.
The team’s thoughtful strategy is the key to success for the future construction of a metaverse that will be as beautiful as The Doge Pound dog shelter. And community loyalty will only enhance this success.