If you’re even slightly familiar with the world of NFT, you’ve probably heard about the Lazy Lions collection that exploded the crypto art market in 2021. Having tightly connected the NFT world and the media market, the collection continues to build on its success and enhance its influence even now.
A partnership with Puma, a partnership with the Sacramento Kings basketball team, the opening of its own exhibition at SXSW and the launch of a line of comics are just a few of the project’s accomplishments over the past year.
In this article, we will try to dive into the interactive universe of the Lazy Lions and try to understand what stands behind their tremendous success.
Lazy Lions Official Links
- Official site https://www.lazylionsnft.com
- Medium @LazyLions
- Twitter @LazyLionsNFT – over 106k followers,
- Instagram @lazylionsnft – over 33k subscribers,
- Discord @LazyLionsNFT – over 140k members.
What are Lazy Lions?
Lazy Lions is an NFT collection of 10,000 software-generated lion avatars created on the Ethereum blockchain and based on the ERC-721 token standard.
There are more than 160 ways to customize and stylize the characters in the collection. The lions can growl, smoke, or chew gum, looking like a police officer or zebra. This is done so that none of the copies copy each other and remain absolutely unique.
The project is actively developing its partner network and has already managed to work with such market giants as The SandBox, PUMA, CoinBase, and UNIGLY.io.
Lazy Lions in numbers
- The collection was released on August 7, 2021 with a mint price of 0.05 ETH (about $150 at the time).
- The entire collection was completely sold out five hours after launch.
- The total volume of secondary sales exceeded 31k ETH (more than $50 million at the current exchange rate).
- Floor price is 0.38 ETH (about $600).
- Average sales range from 0.35 ETH to 0.8 ETH.
- The most expensive #678 was sold on October 1, 2021 for 99 ETH ($327k at the time of sale).
- A total of 4,993 unique holders (50%).
- Only about 4% of the collection (407 pieces out of 10,000) are for sale, among them offers range from 0.38 ETH to 5 ETH. This shows that almost all holders see the project as a great investment prospect and are not in a hurry to part with their assets at a lower price.
Data (including exchange rates) are given at the time of publication (March 4, 2023)
Who created the Lazy Lions?
The creator of the Lazy Lions collection is Blockchain Media Pty Ltd. The head of the project is Ashur @AshurNFT. He and the co-owners Anlion, Nine @NineNft and Nin L manage all processes of the project. The unique features of each lion were developed by an artist under the pseudonym Rizzio.eth.
It is worth noting that the team is completely anonymous, and they only use virtual nicknames.
Why are Lazy Lions so popular?
The Lazy Lions collection continues to be so popular for several reasons:
- Appearance. The digital characters are stunningly drawn and visually appealing.
- A huge community that is steadily growing thanks to the right marketing strategy. In the last few months alone, the ranks of the Lions have been swelled by such notable personalities as Jake Paul, John Terry, Seth Curry and many other prominent influencers.
- Bonuses for owners. NFT owners are entitled to special monthly bonuses (ROARwards) and access to a special NFT community. The active users can also receive rewards in ETH.
- Access to derivative projects. When you buy NFT, you get access to airdrops of related and derivative projects. For example, Lazy Lions Bungalows NFT is free to owners.
- Connection with The Sandbox metaverse. The collection works closely with this metaverse, which acts as an interactive game where NFT holders can try their luck in quests for prizes or be rewarded for actively supporting the community. In addition, holders can earn from the referral system, which is also present on the service.
- Collaborations and partnerships with big brands. In 2022 alone, the company managed to collaborate with Puma, Sacramento Kings, Born Free, and Uniqly.
- Full commercial rights (CC0 license). When you buy Lazy Lions NFT or any other copy from the derivative collections, you receive full intellectual property rights. Whether you want to sell merchandise, use it in advertising, or promote your own brand, you can use the resource in any field without notice to the author.
Lazy Lions Idea
The story of how the creators came up with the idea for the project is interesting. According to them, four friends from Australia were isolated due to the Covid-19 quarantine. Inspired by the idea of creating their own start-up, the guys began looking for inspiration in their Assyrian roots. When they came across a statue of King Gilgamesh with a small lion cub, they were inspired to create a project with such a majestic animal as a lion at its head.
But there is also the legend of the project itself. All these lions succeeded and finally went on a well-deserved vacation on a private island, to the similarly lucky ones. The island is a kind of allusion to The SandBox metaverse with which Lazy Lions are actively cooperating.
The collection allows the user to choose a unique avatar, a kind of self-reflection, from 10,000 different variations. The project actively advocates decentralization of the economy based on token circulation, thus supporting the concept of the Web 3.0 ecosystem. In addition, the creators grant full rights to their content with a CC0 license.
Lazy Lions Roadmap
The creators unveiled the roadmap in March 2022, which was full of mystery and surprises. In response to questions from their community, the team said that all plans were kept secret due to non-disclosure agreements.
As a result, 2022 turned out to be very productive for the Lazy Lions:
- January. A partnership with world star tennis player Stan Wawrinka and his NFT project Ballman. As a result of the partnership, the Lions owners were given whitelist seats plus two autographed racquets signed by Stan himself.
- February. Sponsorship and charity support of the Born Free Foundation.
- March. Exhibition at SXSW, where the team announced the roadmap for the year.
- April. Cooperation with the NBA team Sacramento Kings. As a result, the project became the first PFP NFT to bring collectibles to the NBA world.
- May. A new collection of Lazy Cubs NFTs was launched.
- June. Lazy Lions hosted NFT.NYC and ROAR Fest.
- July. An exclusive first issue of Lazy Comics was released.
- August. The anniversary of the project and a concert in the VRChat metaverse.
- September. The release of merch which was sold out on the first day.
- October. Cooperation with Uniqly.
The Lazy Lions Store is live!🦁
Every Lazy Lion holder can get his own phygital t-shirt! Soon they will also be available for the Lazy Lions Bungalows and Lazy Cubs collections.
You can find more info on the @LazyLionsNFT Discord.
— Uniqly.io (@Uniqly_io) October 28, 2022
- November. Holding a contest of forecasts for the 2022 World Cup on Discord.
- December. Second edition of Lions Den.
The team did not provide a specific roadmap for 2023, but promised to keep the community informed about regular updates on the official Medium page.
To date, the following plans for 2023 are known:
- Further strengthening of positions in the entertainment and digital world through various collaborations and new projects.
- Providing more and more opportunities for holders to integrate their assets into even more social spheres.
- The brand plans to expand beyond the PFP market through animated shows and retail opportunities.
Lazy Lions Ecosystem
Lazy Lions in their short journey managed to form a real ecosystem, and all members of the community are immersed in the world of an exclusive pride through various sub-projects.
An island in The Sandbox
The project is presented in The Sandbox metaverse as a private island where token holders get exclusive access. Players can:
- interact with each other through the exchange of virtual property,
- participate in various kinds of interactive games,
- travel around a private unique island.
On May 18, 2022, a derivative collection of Lazy Cubs became available, consisting of 7,990 NFTs. And Lazy Drinks, which gave birth to the cubs, currently exist in the amount of 6.5k pieces. So, every owner could get a virtual lion cub for free.
Initially, existing Lazy Lions holders received Lazy Drink, and the remaining tokens were available at a public sale launched on May 18, 2022. Each holder could give Lazy Drink to his/her lion, and that could be milk, juice, or water. This process triggered the transformation of the tokenized drink into a little lion cub.
Owning Lazy Cubs opens up the following opportunities for owners:
- Access to the main community,
- Distribution of the ROAR token (when issued),
- Full commercial rights to NFTs,
- Invitations and access to project events,
- Exclusive goods,
- Access to the metaverse.
In September 2021, Lazy Lions released a special Bungalows DApp that provides each owner of the initial collection with an original, randomly generated Lazy Bungalow that can be used as an avatar for a Twitter account to showcase not only lions, but any other items from their NFT collection and the environment of an individual predator.
Lazy Comics is a successful experiment of the team. This time they decided to bring their famous characters to life in the form of comics. The first issue is called “A GLITCH IN TIME”, and it tells about the adventure of the main antagonist Glitch and his journey through time to fulfill his villainous plans.
Lazy Comics was released on June 22, 2022 as part of an exclusive NFT release. Owners with the full Lazy NFT set (Lazy Lion, Lazy Cub, and Lazy Bungalow) could get it.
The ROARwards program was one of the key success factors in the early stages of the project. The essence of this program is in communication and rewarding the community. Every month certain tasks are posted on the Discord channel, for the successful completion of which people are rewarded in ETH.
Lazy Lions Shop
Lazy Lions Shop is the official online store of the project. At the moment, one issue of Series one merch was released, which was instantly sold out in less than 24 hours.
How much do Lazy Lions cost?
The collection was released on August 7, 2021 with a mint price of 0.05 ETH (about $150 at the time). Then the entire collection was completely sold out five hours after the launch. How has the project developed since then?
To visualize the price dynamics, we made a slice of the average price for 1 NFT:
- in September 2021: 2 ETH,
- in January 2022: 2.2 ETH,
- in April 2022: 1.2 ETH,
- in October 2022: 0.6 ETH,
- in December 2022: 0.5 ETH.
Now (March 4, 2023) the minimum price is 0.38 ETH. On average, the latest sales range from 0.35 to 0.8 ETH. And the total volume of secondary sales amounted to more than 31k ETH (about $50 million).
The Most Expensive Lazy Lions Sales
The most expensive sales are led by the following NFTs from the Lazy Lions collection:
- #678 was sold on October 1, 2021 for 99 ETH ($327k at the time of sale),
- #2349 was sold on May 23, 2022 for 29 ETH ($59k at the time of sale),
- #3912 was sold on May 5, 2022 for 24 ETH ($70k at the time of sale),
- #9431 was sold on May 28, 2022 for 22 ETH ($39k at the time of sale).
Where to buy Lazy Lions?
Currently, Lazy Lions can only be purchased on the secondary market, on marketplaces such as OpenSea, X2Y2 and LooksRare.
How to buy Lazy Lions?
- Remember that initially you need to connect your crypto wallet with self-storage to the marketplace of your choice.
- Next, find the official collection using the search bar on the marketplace.
- Analyze and choose the NFT you want to buy; click on it and then on the “Buy” button.
- Or you can bet on the token you like. Make sure you leave enough ETH for gas or transaction fees. If the seller approves your bid, the deal goes through.
Should you invest in Lazy Lions?
Lazy Lions is a young and growing business project, and the reasons for investing in it are as follows:
- Strategic partnerships with The Sandbox metaverse, NBA and Puma ensure project growth.
- A low entry threshold for such a rapidly growing project, which today averages 0.35 ETH.
- A very active, lively and loyal community, with active participation in the activities of which you will receive a reward (ROARwards) or ETH.
- The project moves toward a Web 3.0 ecosystem that could become central to the future of the World Wide Web, thereby significantly raising the value of the collection.
- An advanced ecosystem that allows token holders to receive additional assets via the airdrops.
- A CC0 license allows the owner full control of copyright and commercial rights.
In any case, do your own in-depth analysis and research when investing in NFTs, and then make your own decision.
Opinion of NFTmetria
Lazy Lions is one of the most attractive NFT projects, whose charismatic characters instantly caught the attention of the whole market. This is a great example of how you can build a multimillion-dollar brand from an idea with the help of right marketing in today’s world. The uniqueness of this project lies in the diverse and promising infrastructure, which attracts every member of the community and does not allow for boredom.