There are many different people in the NFT space who are fans of certain fictional character stories. One such story is Coolman’s Universe, which takes the user into spesh worlds that are prototypical of childhood memories and reveries. And its creator, Danny Casale, is the face of the project. He already captivated YouTube viewers in 2017 with his cartoon Snakes Have Legs.
Coolman’s Universe Official Links
- Official site https://coolmansuniverse.com
- Twitter @coolmanuniverse – over 132k followers,
- Discord @cmuniverse – over 23k subscribers.
What is Coolman’s Universe?
Coolman’s Universe is a collection of 10,000 NFTs on the Ethereum blockchain with the ERC-721 token standard. They belong to the category of PFPs.
These NFT characters look something like cats. They are the inhabitants of three worlds in the universe. According to the story, spesh searches for his Coolman’s Universe best friend among the worlds that are filled with characters from the collection. And to travel through this universe, spesh uses a magical compass and a surfboard, gradually discovering worlds he has never been to.
There are more detailed stories made as spesh cartoons on YouTube.
The 3 worlds are as follows:
- Dino World is the world of the pre-cryptocurrency era (BC). A planet lost in time, feared by the entire cosmos. Its bony topography makes dancing painful, causing the creatures of the world not to dance for thousands of years. Huge mountains sit on the edge of a large cave that cuts this hollow planet in two. From the center of this cave flows a pink river, the lifeblood of an ever-growing rainforest teeming with greenery more lush than any other in the universe.
- Wallstreet Wasteland. Corporate Hell is a world that quickly disappears and floats lonely in the remote corners of Coolman’s Universe. It’s an empty planet dotted with empty office buildings. Wads of dollar bills just lie on the ground without any use, and “Help Wanted” signs adorn the windows of banks. And the only evidence of what might have happened here is a blueprint of a rocket ship and an annotated copy of “NFT for Dummies”.
- Donut World. The Planet of Endless Sweets is a vast expanse covered in purple icing and candied bushes. Stone statues of creatures adorn the winding road. In the center is a huge waterfall, with water flowing straight down the surface and out into space. And there are no signs of life in sight…
Coolman’s Universe in numbers
- A collection of 10,000 NFTs was released on December 20, 2021 via the mint with a mint price of 0.095 ETH. Addresses that were whitelisted by lottery or by showing activity in the Discord collection were allowed to the minting.
- The total volume of secondary sales exceeded 26k ETH (over $44M according to the official website).
- Floor price is 0.05 ETH (about $85).
- Average sales range from 0.05 ETH to 0.08 ETH.
- The most expensive #3516 was sold on February 12, 2022 for 20 ETH (about $59k at the time of sale).
- Total 5,263 unique holders (53%). This shows the low chances of whales interconnection within the project. Thus, the risk of artificial project management from the inside is minimal.
- Only about 2% of the NFT collection (239 pieces out of 10,000) are for sale, among them the offers range from 0.05 ETH to 3 ETH. This shows that almost all holders see the project as a great investment prospect and are not in a hurry to part with their assets at a lower price.
Data (including exchange rates) are given at the time of publication (March 14, 2023)
Coolman’s Universe types and attributes
Characters in the Coolman’s Universe collection are endowed with unique combinations of characteristics. The rarity is ranked as follows:
- Accessories (34 types),
- Baby (37 types),
- Background (51 types),
- Body (90 types),
- Clothes (82 types),
- Eyes (39 types),
- Hat (58 types),
- Line (11 types),
- Mouth (30 types),
- World (3 types).
Who created Coolman’s Universe?
The project team includes 7 people:
- Danny Casale @coolcoffeedan (Creator),
- Daveemouse @daveemouse (Creative),
- Jeff @drknature (Dev),
- Emily @emilylesch (Producer),
- Guru (Guru),
- Rose (Vibes),
- MrGeek (Tech).
The most important representative of the idea of the project and of the project itself is Danny Casale (alias Coolman Coffeedan).
He is an artist who has gained popularity for his surreal, humorous and crudely drawn animations. Danny started making online content around the age of 12, when he came to YouTube platform. And already in 2017, his cartoons have garnered tens of millions of views.
That was the starting point. Further on, he implemented the Coolman’s Universe collection, which conveys to users the very world of childhood that everyone remembers.
Why is Coolman’s Universe popular?
The Coolman’s Universe collection refers in some ways to meme projects or those that mock anything. For example, in the universe where spesh travels, there are worlds remotely resembling places on our planet. Wallstreet Wasteland is the world of the famous street of the same name in New York, where money rules. The world was destroyed, its inhabitants went somewhere, and it turned out that money did not save the world.
And such art attracts users who are willing to collect NFTs of this collection.
Also, the spesh is drawn the way almost everyone drew as a child. It evokes emotions that push you to dive into this world of a skateboard traveler.
Coolman’s Universe Idea
Danny Casale created Coolman’s Universe to extend his art and brand into the NFT space. This project, in Danny’s mind, should create a more corporeal relationship between Coolman Coffeedan art, its fans and collectors.
Coolman’s Universe Roadmap
The project doesn’t have a roadmap, but artist and collection creator Danny has his own vision for the future of Coolman’s Universe:
In the not-too-distant future, I want my brand to be a household name in the way of The Simpsons, Adventure Time, or Hello Kitty. The reason I want this is simple; this level of acclaim will mean that I have achieved my ultimate goal – to put a smile on as many faces as possible. Danny Casale says
And, apparently, he and his team have a plan for how to achieve such goals.
Coolman’s Universe Ecosystem
Coolman’s Universe has no ecosystem projects, except for the spesh journey narratives on the project creator’s official account.
How much do Coolman’s Universe NFTs cost?
The pre-sale of the NFT collection took place on December 20, 2021 at a price of 0.095 ETH. In the same month, the NFT collection began trading on secondary markets, where the NFT collection was in great demand. And how are things now? To visualize the price dynamics, we made a slice of the average price for 1 NFT:
- In July 2022: 0.25 ETH;
- In November 2022: 0.07 ETH;
- In February 2023: 0.062 ETH.
As of March 9, 2023, the floor price is 0.05 ETH. On average, the latest sales range from 0.05 to 0.08 ETH. And the total volume of secondary sales amounted to more than 26k ETH (about $44 million).
The Most Expensive Coolman’s Universe NFT Sales
The most expensive sales are led by the following NFTs from the Coolman’s Universe collection:
- #3516 was sold on February 12, 2022 for 20 ETH (about $59k at the time of sale).
- #4170 was sold on February 16, 2022 for 19 ETH (about $60k at the time of sale).
- #1265 was sold on February 1, 2022 for 15 ETH (about $40k at the time of sale).
- #7444 was sold on January 31, 2022 for 14.99 ETH (about $40k at the time of sale).
Where to buy Coolman’s Universe?
Currently, Coolman’s Universe is only available on the secondary market, on marketplaces such as OpenSea, X2Y2 and LooksRare.
How to buy Coolman’s Universe?
- Remember that initially you need to connect your crypto wallet with self-storage to the marketplace of your choice.
- Next, find the official collection using the search bar on the marketplace.
- Analyze and choose the NFT you want to buy; click on it and then on the “Buy” button.
- Or you can bet on the token you like. Make sure you leave enough ETH for gas or transaction fees. If the seller approves your bid, the deal goes through.
Should you invest in Coolman’s Universe?
Coolman’s Universe is definitely an interesting collection that could attract potential NFT investors. Lately, the floor price of the collection is less than the NFT’s minting price.
However, there are several factors that make it possible to treat the collection positively:
- There are rare NFTs in the collection that can bring potential profit;
- Low threshold for entry into the collection;
- The floor price of the collection has ranged from 0.05 ETH to 0.1 ETH throughout its sales history.
But remember, only your own analysis allows you to soberly assess the situation on the market and the project itself.
Opinion of NFTmetria
Coolman’s Universe NFT project will immerse the user in the world of spesh, a creature that travels through worlds. Fascinating stories on YouTube make you feel these worlds, similar to the ones we all drew when we were kids and dreamed of being there. Artist Danny Casale has created a collection of those memories that he has been drawing since he was a child. And now he has brought his fantasy into the NFT world in the form of colorful and really wonderful characters.