3Landers is one of the most successful NFT projects of 2022. Launched on February 19, it made its way into the favorites of the market almost overnight. Some experts considered the startup a potential blue chip. It became instantly recognizable, standing out for its bright graphics, distinctive characters, and creative ideas. The hearts of many NFT-adherents were captured by 3Landers’ slogan “We Are The Dreamers!” Like the similar refrain of the legendary Queen song “We Are The Champions,” it sounded unifying and uplifting. So it was heard by thousands of NFT enthusiasts dreaming of unity and cooperation.
What is the appeal of 3Landers to today’s investors? What keeps it afloat? An unbiased review of the collection will help answer these questions.
3Landers Official Links
- Official website https://3landersnft.com
- Twitter @3landersNFT – over 70k readers,
- Discord @3Landers – over 25k members.
What are 3Landers?
3Landers is a collection of 10,000 NFT art items minted on the Ethereum blockchain. They depict funny cartoon characters created using 12 basic (DNA) and hundreds of distinguishing features. In addition to 9,982 DNA types, the collection includes 18 unique items (Legends) with exclusive features.
Even before the release, the team managed to attract major NFT brands such as Cool Cats, Doodles, TBAC, Alien Fren to their promotion. The partnership with Barriers and H&M allowed the project to release a line of branded merchandise. And that’s not all. Thanks to a collaboration with Toylaxy, a line of branded toys was released.
3Landers in numbers
- Collection of 10,000 tokens was minted on February 19, 2022.
- Within a week after the release, the collection’s minimum price reached its all-time high of 2.5 ETH, breaking all records on OpenSea. At the same time, the sales volume was 18,100 ETH, and by August it exceeded 33,500 ETH.
- The project is ranked 50th among the best collections in terms of sales of all time on the largest NFT marketplace OpenSea.
- Total secondary sales exceeded 36k ETH (over $60m at the current exchange rate).
- Floor price is 0.16 ETH (about $270).
- Average sales range from 0.15 to 0.3 ETH.
- The most expensive #9379 was sold on March 3, 2022 for 75 ETH ($221k at the time of sale).
- A total of 5,466 unique holders (55%). This shows low chances of whales interconnection within the project. Thus, the risk of artificial project management from the inside is minimal.
- Only about 4% of the collection (422 pieces out of 10,001) are for sale, among them the offers range from 0.16 to 1.5 ETH. This shows that almost all holders see the project as a great investment prospect and are not in a hurry to part with their assets at a lower price.
Data (including exchange rates) are given at the time of publication of the article (February 21, 2023)
3Landers types and attributes
In total, you will find 365 attributes in the collection that are divided into 10 categories. Among them, there are such features as accessories, background, body, head, etc.
Basic traits (DNA) make up the 3Land gene pool and are ranked according to the degree of uniqueness:
- Human (4,554) – creativity;
- Ape (2,650) – spontaneity;
- 3L-Bot (1,158) – superintelligence;
- Sealander (703) – peacefulness;
- Spirit (327) – wisdom;
- Zombie (221) – courage;
- Golem (145) – creativeness;
- Cyborg (95) – militancy;
- Alien (62) – mystery;
- Devil (35) – spirituality;
- Meltie (21) – balance;
- Bubble (10) – erudition.
Among 10,000 tokens, there are 18 unique items (Legends) representing single, especially valuable features:
- Rubba – the wise worm;
- Captain Ibn – the virtuoso pilot;
- Zander – the tireless adventurer;
- Pom – the creature with a mysterious past;
- Inferno – the keeper of the devil’s fire;
- Moe – the Queen of the Zealanders;
- Time Wizard – the guardian of the timeline;
- Prickles – the intellectual researcher;
- Skye – the master of the weather;
- Grim – the gloomy creator of Zombies;
- EarthBoy – the tracker of celestial bodies movement;
- Mega Bear – the cyborg created to save the world;
- Skeleton – the creator of portals for travelers;
- Raptor – the brilliant historian;
- Aura – the mood moderator;
- Mummzy – the watchman of the night;
- Hoodie God – the legend about which nothing is known;
- UFO-3 – the emperor of aliens.
Who founded 3Landers?
The founders of the 3Landers project are digital artist Pom and fashion designer Stubby (AJ).
Pom invented, revived and gave the name to the 3Land game world, which lives by the principle “Never too old to have fun”. The artist was born in Taiwan, but now he lives and works in Japan. According to him, drawing has been his passion since childhood, and the creation of the imaginary world of 3Land was the culmination of his creativity.
For more on Pom’s passions and vision, check out the artist’s tweets:
Here is the 🧵about me and 3land
I’m Pom an artist who likes to draw for fun, when I was a kid. I was a kid who didn’t have many friends, didn’t have many toys to play with because we didn’t really have enough money for our living I had to help my parents work pic.twitter.com/fU3VYTEAFM
— 3land® 🏝 (@3landboy) February 14, 2022
Stubby (aka AJ) is Pom’s friend, co-founder and creative director of the project. He currently lives in the UK. He sees his creative credo in blurring the lines between real and digital communities.
Stubby is ready to use his connections in the fashion world to develop the lifestyle brand 3Landers, as he says in his tweet:
With 3Landers we aim to build a successful lifestyle brand in web3 and irl. Everything we put into the brand will represent our vision. We are building an identity that represents a limitless world where everyone can express themselves.
— Stubby 🏝 (@NFTStubby) February 14, 2022
The project is managed by:
- CEO – DuBleH @dubleh9
- CLO – NavigatorTonic @NavigatorTonic
- accounting and finance lead – CactusJackCPA @cactiCPA
- creative director – ComposerBoa @ComposerBoa
- technical support team – 0xStudio
- UI/UX web designer – SSP @shinblueivyp
- motion graphic designer – Suriyanoom @suriyanoom1
- project coordinator – EvoTheCurator
- executive assistant – GF @gabthecookeuse
- e-commerce – Futureforbes @thefutureforbes
- community manager – NFT Astro @NFTastro_
- Thai community manager – Radtanapan @radtanapan
- Discord security – RyanCAD @web3specialist
- business cooperation advisor – Tipatat (Tim) Chennavasin
- legal adviser – John P. Formichella
- moderators – MattyK @TheReelMatty, DMC @dmcrypt_, Sion @sion__0312
In general terms, the idea of the project is expressed in its motto “We Are The Dreamers!”. The main page of the 3Landers website, where it’s all about the identity and values of the community, helps us understand it.
When asked “Who are we?” the 3Landers collectors answer:
- free people;
When asked “What do we value?” every member of this NFT community can say:
- desire to be useful;
- mutual respect;
- self-expression in art.
According to the founders of 3Landers, the secret to the longevity of any project is in a clear definition of identity and priorities.
Why are 3Landers popular?
The attention of market players to 3Landers NFT is attracted not only by artistic creativity and an interesting background, but also by the features of a promising project:
- Support of influential partners. Some of the big projects that 3Landers has been able to get involved even before release include Cool Cats, Doodles, TBAC, Alien Fren. Developing partnerships with Barriers and H&M allowed the project to produce branded clothing, and thanks to the collaboration with Toylaxy, a line of toys of the NFT project was released.
- Strong community of caring people. It is enough to check out their Twitter and Discord to understand how active collectors are and how interested they are in the development of the project. The number of digital items they own is also indicative: the average is 1.7 NFTs, and the top 5 whales have more than 30 tokens each.
- Lots of opportunities for both entertainment and earnings. Free airdrops, soft staking rewards, getting pixelated 3Landers for games in the metaverse, free purchase of project goods, as well as real meetings with parties / DJs / music / gifts are available to collectors.
Immediately after the launch of the project, 2 online meetings with the community were announced, at which the founders presented 4 strategic directions for development:
- community involvement, study and development of the culture of “genetic” and “legendary” NFT 3Land by:
- holding Campfires, that is, meetings of community members in real time;
- cooperation in the field of animation and music;
- development of written and interactive stories;
- live broadcasts on YouTube (2 times a month);
- release of a webcomics series dedicated to the stories of 3Land;
- development of a reward system for regular community members.
The long term 3Land adventure
Implementing the “Adventure Through History” concept, presented on March 22, 2022 as a snapshot with each 3Lander in mind. The essence of the concept is that the numerous secrets of 3Land history will be revealed gradually. As they explore this vast world, the team will give explorers orientation hints.
Pixel 3Landers and work towards Metaverse Integration
The second step in integrating the collection into the Metaverse will be 3Landers NFTs made in pixelated graphics on the Worldwide Webb platform @Worldwide_WEB3, where the project treasury has already purchased the Penthouse for 72 ETH.
The intersection between the NFT space and the physical world
Creation and development of a brand that represents the values of the project, i.e. freedom of expression, collaboration and creativity.
The following steps are planned as for this direction:
- collaboration with clothing brands Barriers NY and H&M;
- release of own goods (t-shirts, caps, skateboards);
- launch of toy production in partnership with TOYLAXY;
- holding meetings in the real world at NFT NYC.
As a non-commercial initiative, the #1 token auction was scheduled for March 2022. It was created by Pom together with his beloved wife. The proceeds, almost 7 ETH, were donated to Women’s Aid, a human rights organization.
In addition to the 10,000 copies of the original collection, the 3Landers project has released a number of secondary NFT collections.
3L-Biomes consists of 8,625 ERC 721 type tokens made as banners and depicting the remote corners of 3Land (Biomes). The rich resources found in Biome can be used by the adventurer for many things, including avoiding dangers. Biomes owners have access to collect travel items through a free airdrop. The volume of secondary sales exceeded 280 ETH, and the floor price is 0.0076 ETH.
3L Inventory consists of 12 NFT tools and gear to make up the Adventure Bag needed to get to your Biome. To claim your land, you must burn the Adventure Bag upon arrival following the ancient custom. The volume of secondary sales exceeded 1,500 ETH, and the floor price is 0.0035 ETH.
3L Adventure: Ships
3L Adventure: Ships are 762 NFTs that are the primary vehicle for traveling the seas in search of Biomes. The volume of secondary sales exceeded 10 ETH, and the floor price is 0.03 ETH.
How much do 3Landers cost?
A week after the release, on February 26, 2022 the minimum price of the collection reached its historical maximum of 2.5 ETH, breaking all records on OpenSea. At the same time, the sales volume amounted to 18,100 ETH, and by August it exceeded 33,500 ETH.
And how are things now?
To visualize the price dynamics, we made a slice of the average price for 1 NFT:
- in April 2022 – 1.8 ETH,
- in June 2022 – 0.6 ETH,
- in September 2022 – 0.17 ETH,
- in December 2022 – 0.19 ETH.
Now (February 21, 2023) the minimum price is 0.16 ETH. On average, the latest sales range from 0.15 to 0.33 ETH. And the total volume of secondary sales amounted to more than 36k ETH (about $60 million).
The most expensive 3Landers sales
The most expensive sales are led by the following NFTs from the 3Landers collection:
- #9379 was sold on March 3, 2022 for 75 ETH ($221k at the time of sale),
- #6643 was sold on February 25, 2022 for 48.99 ETH ($135k at the time of sale),
- #3057 was sold on February 25, 2022 for 36.66 ETH ($101k at the time of sale),
- #7893 was sold on February 22, 2022 for 35 ETH ($92k at the time of sale).
Where to buy 3Landers?
Currently, 3Landers can only be purchased on the secondary market, on marketplaces such as OpenSea, X2Y2 and LooksRare.
How to buy 3Landers?
- Remember that initially you need to connect your crypto wallet with self-storage to the marketplace of your choice.
- Next, find the official collection using the search bar on the marketplace.
- Analyze and choose the NFT you want to buy; click on it and then on the “Buy” button.
- Or you can bet on the token you like. Make sure you leave enough ETH for gas or transaction fees. If the seller approves your bid, the deal goes through.
Should you invest in 3Landers?
Despite its newness, 3Landers promises to be a reliable source of investment. Here are 5 good reasons for this:
- Exact adherence to the road map. The founders of 3Landers have never promised anything unattainable just for the sake of hype. On the contrary, they deliver on all their promises, thus earning the trust of serious investors.
- Price stability. Despite rather tough market conditions, the minimum price of 3Lander NFTs is kept at a decent level, that is, in the range of 1 to 1.7 ETH.
- Demand on the market. A large volume of sales of 3Landers tokens is registered daily on various marketplaces, and there are no signs of a drop in demand for them in the near future. For example, on OpenSea at least 100 NFTs from this collection are sold per week.
- Some token holder perks, such as Adventure Bag airdrop, will allow you to earn money just by holding NFTs.
- The commercial appeal of unique digital assets, of which there are at least 18 copies in the collection, allows them to compete with real rare works of art.
The fact that the 3Landers team recently added five new members also inspires confidence. It shows that the project is ready to grow and expand, adding optimism when you look at its future.
In any case, do your own in-depth analysis and research when investing in NFTs, and then make your own decision.
Opinion of NFTMetria
The 3Landers art project is a product of incredible talent and commercial competence of its creators. This is exactly what many other NFT projects lack, and that’s why experts predict the 3Landers collection to be as successful as Doodles.
The project’s partnerships, creativity and recognition have allowed it to develop quickly. The Alpha communities believe it will reach new heights as the 3L brand grows and the roadmap is implemented.
So far, few projects have managed to bridge the gap between the virtual and physical worlds. Apparently, 3Landers will have no problem with this if its team continues to partner both in the Web3 space and beyond.