Finally, Hot Wheels, the world-famous giant of the toy and collectible car industry, is releasing the 6th series of its collection called NFT Garage. And this is not just another release, this is a great example of re-engaging existing audiences and attracting new collectors. The NFT drop is also a purchase of a box, which includes different models of collectible cars, depending on the rarity and uniqueness.
The project was originally launched in 2021 on the Wax blockchain, and now the project has transferred the entire infrastructure to the Flow blockchain. As you know, this blockchain is the brainchild of Dapper Labs, the creators of NBA Top Shot NFT marketplace. It was this platform that created the format for buying collectible unopened bags of different categories. And now, 2 industry leaders are joining forces on the Flow blockchain on Mattel Creations’ virtual NFT marketplace powered by Rarible.
Why did the Hot Wheel cross the bridge?
To get to the other side – @flow_blockchain.
The @Hot_Wheels NFT Garage Series 1-3 WAX to FLOW bridge is open now!
— Rarible (@rarible) August 16, 2023
Interesting? Still would!
What is Hot Wheels Garage NFT Collection?
Hot Wheels Garage is NFT’s collection of iconic diecast cars from childhood, now on the blockchain.
Fueled by family.
The Hot Wheels Fast & Furious NFT Series opens today at 9am PT.
— Hot Wheels (@Hot_Wheels) May 22, 2023
But before we go into detail about Series 6, we’ll give you a quick look at what every collector could find in the first 5 Series:
- 12 classic Hot Wheels cars, including Deora II, Twin Mill and Bone Shaker,
- Hot Wheels cars inspired by real cars like Bugatti Chiron and Lamborghini Sián FKP 37,
- Cars in retro style in honor of the 50th anniversary of the company.
- This is the first series hosted on the Flow blockchain and included real cars including the McLaren P1.
- Cars of the future like the Aston Martin Vulcan.
What will you find in Series 6?
- Series 6 will include a new premium NFT package that guarantees you a die-cast car, as well as some rarities such as the 1988 Jeep Wagoneer and Aston Martin V12 Speedster.
- The release of 6 different rarities, from common to exclusive.
- Only 2 types of packages: standard package costs 25 USD, premium package costs 80 USD.
It’s that time!
— Hot Wheels (@Hot_Wheels) August 24, 2023
An extremely limited release is expected, which is predicted to be sold out very quickly. But in this case, there is good news for all fans of collectible sports cars – you can purchase NFTs on the Rarible secondary market.
Hot Wheels NFT Garage Official Links
When and where will Hot Wheels NFT Garage drop be?
Drop Hot Wheels NFT Garage takes place on Mattel Creations starts on August 31 at 09:00 AM PT time.