Dmitri’s work has been featured in galleries all over the world, and collectors praise his work. This is evidenced by NFT #109 from the Ringers collection, which sold for a whopping $7100,000 and is one of the top 10 most expensive NFT sales of all time!
Ringers by Dmitri Cherniak Official Links
What are Ringers by Dmitri Cherniak?
The Ringers collection of 1,000 NFTs is located on the Ethereum network and has an ERC-721 token standard. The works by Dmitri Cherniak belong to the category of art, and the work itself was released on ArtBlocks in the Curated section. All works from this collection were made using p5js script which was created by Dmitri Cherniak himself.
Two of the works in the collection are the most expensive sales on ArtBlocks. Moreover, Ringers #109 is one of the top 10 most expensive NFTs ever sold. The work was purchased by someone with the Twitter name AkiraReloaded for 2,100 ETH on October 2, 2021 (about $7100,000 at that rate).
It is safe to say that the Ringers collection is unsurpassed generative art which has conquered the world, and for which they are willing to give fabulous amounts of money.
Ringers by Dmitri Cherniak types and attributes
The works resemble pegs with threads wrapped around them. Different NFTs contain a randomly generated number of pegs and a way to wrap the threads around them. And feature options include the number of pegs, size, location, and orientation. The number of pegs, size, location, and orientation of the thread wrap are different for each piece, and the colors are vivid.
Also, the pegs can be placed against a background of different monochrome and two-color tones. The pegs themselves can be several colors, but mostly they are white and black.
Ringers by Dmitri Cherniak in numbers
- A collection of 1,000 NFTs was launched on the ArtBlocks platform on January 31, 2021.
- The cost of minting was 0.1 ETH.
- Ringers were fully minted in 20 minutes.
- Just three weeks after the release, the collection exceeded 640 ETH in secondary sales.
- The total volume of secondary sales exceeded 30k ETH (over $47M).
- The floor price is 45 ETH (around $70k), what is quite crazy.
- Average sales range from 45 ETH to 100 ETH.
- The most expensive #109 was sold on October 2, 2021 for 2100 ETH ($7.1 million at the time of sale).
- NFTs #109 and #879 are the most expensive NFTs ever sold on ArtBlocks.
- A total of 285 unique holders (29%).
- Only about 3% of the collection (31 pieces out of 1,000) are for sale, among them the offers range from 45 ETH to 500 ETH. This shows that almost all holders see the project as a great investment prospect and are not in a hurry to part with their assets at a lower price.
Data (including exchange rates) are given at the time of publication (March 8, 2023)
Who created Ringers by Dmitri Cherniak?
The collection was created by Dmitri Cherniak, a Canadian artist and coder. At McGill University in Montreal, the artist received a bachelor of science degree in physiology and computer science. The artist now lives in New York City. His algorithmic works have been exhibited all over the world. Dmitri considers automation as one of the main tools of his art. It was this factor that made it possible to implement the Ringers collection as it exists today. Dmitri became recognizable in the NFT space as one of the most talented generative artists just due to that collection.
The artist is also represented on the SuperRare NFT marketplace. His most expensive work, “A slight lack of symmetry can cause so much pain”, sold on October 1, 2021 for 800 ETH (about $2,400,000 at that rate).
Why is Ringers by Dmitri Cherniak popular?
It is safe to say that Ringers is one of the most vibrant and popular NFT collections in history. The demand for a collection of 1,000 NFTs is first and foremost a demand among connoisseurs of generative art in the vast digital world.
Generative art reflects the creative process of coding, automation and programming. This process is very complex and fascinating, and generative works sometimes take a colossal amount of time to be created. And Dmitri’s creation is an example of contemporary young art, that is, generative art. Connoisseurs are ready to pay quite large sums of money for it.
Ringers by Dmitri Cherniak Idea
One of the goals of the project was to send the message that automation is quite a fascinating and creative process rather than a boring job. In addition, the artist conveys the idea that coding can be approached not only in terms of a technical process, but also in terms of creativity.
You can use the code to create art that will evoke the same emotions and feelings as watching your favorite movie or handmade art on canvas.
Generative art and Ringers in general can democratize the art world, and can also help accept the fact that the creation of software code and its automation is also an equally valuable work of art.
During the creation of Ringers, Dmitri experimented with many different schemes of arranging pegs and wrapping threads on them. He also created algorithms to automate the wrapping of the threads on the pegs. Ringers ended up being what they are because of all forms of experimentation and automation, thereby unleashing the power of generative art and blockchain technology.
Ringers by Dmitri Cherniak Roadmap
The project has no roadmap, as the collection by Dmitri Cherniak is entirely a work of generative art with one application, that is, the perpetuation of generative art in blockchain.
I would recommend holding your Ringers. In the long term this seems to always be the best strategy when it comes to crypto. Dmitri Cherniak’s opinion on the future of the collection
Ringers by Dmitri Cherniak Ecosystem
Ringers has no ecosystem, as it is a collection with no application to benefit the community except for speculative interest.
How much do Ringers by Dmitri Cherniak cost?
The collection was launched on the ArtBlocks platform on January 31, 2021. The cost of minting the collection was 0.1 ETH. The complete Ringers were minted in 20 minutes. Just three weeks after release, the collection exceeded 640 ETH in secondary sales. And how has the project evolved since then in terms of pricing?
To visualize the price dynamics, we made a slice of the average price for 1 NFT:
- in March 2021: 7 ETH,
- in October 2021: 100 ETH,
- in January 2022: 52 ETH,
- in April 2022: 46 ETH,
- in October 2022: 104 ETH,
- in December 2022: 55 ETH.
Now (March 8, 2023) the minimum price is 45 ETH. On average, the latest sales range from 45 to 100 ETH. And the total volume of secondary sales amounted to more than 30k ETH (about $47 million at the current exchange rate).
The most expensive sales of Ringers by Dmitri Cherniak
The most expensive sales are led by the following NFTs from the Ringers collection by Dmitri Cherniak:
- #109 was sold on October 2, 2021 for 2100 ETH ($7.1 million at the time of sale),
- #879 was sold on August 27 for 1800 ETH ($5.9 million at the time),
- #220 was sold on September 29 for 750 ETH ($2.1 million at the time),
- #621 was sold on September 29 for 700 ETH ($2 million at the time of sale).
Where to buy Ringers by Dmitri Cherniak?
Currently, Ringers by Dmitri Cherniak can only be purchased on the secondary market, on such marketplaces as OpenSea, X2Y2 and LooksRare.
How to buy Ringers by Dmitri Cherniak?
- Remember that initially you need to connect your crypto wallet with self-storage to the marketplace of your choice.
- Next, find the official collection using the search bar on the marketplace.
- Analyze and choose the NFT you want to buy; click on it and then on the “Buy” button.
- Or you can bet on the token you like. Make sure you leave enough ETH for gas or transaction fees. If the seller approves your bid, the deal goes through.
Should you invest in Ringers by Dmitri Cherniak?
There are several reasons why the Ringers collection can be treated favorably:
- Floor price of the collection reaches 45 ETH, and this is one of the highest rates in the entire market.
- The collection was created by the famous generative artist Dmitri Chernyak, whose prestigious name is already a brand in the generative art market.
- Generative art occupies a specific niche in the NFT market and is in demand regardless of the mood of the market.
- Ringers is a historically significant NFT project that will not be affected by future trends in the field, and asset price will only increase over time.
- Ringers #109 was sold for an amazing 2100 ETH, and this is the largest sale on ArtBlocks.
- The Ringers collection is seen as a good investment, as evidenced by the Three Arrows Capital investment fund’s purchase of NFT #879 from that collection for 1,800 ETH.
In any case, do your own in-depth analysis and research when investing in NFTs, and then make your own decision.
Opinion of NFTmetria
Ringers by Dmitri Cherniak is the real implementation of automation art, so the collection has a huge popularity among connoisseurs of such art. This is confirmed by the floor price of 45 ETH, which is undoubtedly a sign of the value of generative art. Dmitri’s collection progressively pushes forward a young and creative trend in contemporary art. Thus, Ringers will forever remain in history as a collection of generative art, created with a unique transactional hash and full of beautiful emotions.