Many people wonder how they can use their NFTs. There have been a lot of promising statements and plans from developers, but there are projects that are already letting their community members enjoy the acquired tokens. One of these projects is NFT Worlds. Tokens from this collection are tickets to the metaverse with the following benefits for the players:
- a vibrant world created on the basis of and inspired by Minecraft,
- huge fanbase of users,
- huge lands that cannot be found in any other metaverse,
- internal large-scale tokenomics,
- internal currency, $WRLD, which can be withdrawn from that metaverse,
- a huge number of activities, from competitions to draws and loot boxes,
- the opportunity to create your own world.
NFT Worlds official links
- Official site https://www.nftworlds.com
- Twitter @nftworldsNFT – over 120k readers,
- Discord @nft-worlds – over 90k participants,
- Instagram @nftworldsnft – over 5k subscribers,
- YouTube @nftworlds1642 – over 1k subscribers.
What are NFT Worlds?
NFT Worlds is a project that brings together 9,999 voxel NFTs and a metaverse that allows token holders to not only build their own world, but also to visit other spaces created by community members.
The project was launched in October 2021 and was based on the engine of the popular Minecraft game, so visually it looks like its progenitor. But since July 20, 2022, the project is no longer based on the Minecraft engine. Developers create their own platform for metaverse games.
Each token is a unique world created through procedural generation. It consists of 2 components that are visual and gaming experience bound to the blockchain, and data that will be bound to additional NFT World dApps.
Each token represents a land plot of 16,000,000 x 16,000,000 blocks. It is an almost endless space for creativity and world development.
NFT Worlds in numbers
- The collection of 9,999 lands was officially launched on October 4, 2021,
- The project is ranked 30th among the best collections in terms of sales of all time on the largest NFT marketplace OpenSea.
- Total secondary sales exceeded 54k ETH (over $80m at current exchange rates),
- Initially, the project was created on the Minecraft platform, but on July 20, 2022, the team abandoned the Minecraft engine and switched to their own.
- Floor price is 1.38 ETH (about 2k dollars),
- Average sales range from 1.1 ETH to 2 ETH,
- The most expensive #9617 was sold on February 18, 2022 for 60 ETH ($180k at the time of sale).
- A total of 951 unique holders (10%). Such a peculiar picture is due to the fact that the user 69F0B8 is the holder of 87.4% (8,740 pieces) of the entire collection. It is more likely that this is the project team’s wallet. It means that only 1,259 tokens are in real circulation.
- There is a total of 5 billion $WRLD (in-game token) in the treasury,
- More than 100 worlds are created on the basis of projects.
Data (including exchange rates) are given at the time of publication of the article
NFT Worlds types and attributes
A distinctive feature of NFT Worlds is the uniqueness of characteristics. Each token is a specific piece of land with a number of characteristics that can be seen in the image.
- Land area;
- Water surface area;
- The lowest point above the water level;
- The highest point above the water level;
- Annual precipitation;
- Soil slope.
- Salty water;
- Fresh water;
- Mineral deposits;
- Type of minerals;
- Type of climate;
- Availability of the city;
- Availability of salt/fresh water.
Gradation in the rarity of tokens also depends on the type of a resource, which is located on the original land plot:
- The beach is a common rarity;
- The deep water is rare;
- The wreck is very rare.
The unique features are the things and resources that the player can discover while working on his/her universe. And all of these are in different percentages. Each token is, indeed, as unique as a piece of our planet.
Who created NFT Worlds?
The NFT Worlds team is led by two co-founders:
It’s noteworthy that they do not hide their faces, as many other founders of large projects do. A month after the launch, they held an open AMA session and answered many questions about the project and the team.
There were three other people in the starting team, but their names were never disclosed. It is only known that they were developers with extensive experience in the Minecraft ecosystem, which made it easier for them to work on NFT Worlds.
To date, the project team also includes several community moderators and more than ten development partners.
NFT Worlds Idea
The main idea of the creators of NFT Worlds is to create the first of its kind, a truly decentralized, cross-platform, community-driven and developed gaming metaverse.
According to the creators, each of the 10,000 unique lands is constantly being developed by private owners or separate communities.
It was because the creators had experience with the Minecraft ecosystem that the concept of creating a metaverse was born. They understood all the possibilities and peculiarities of the game engine, which helped them in the initial stages.
Each member of the team shares the philosophy of building an open platform with open source and with the greatest possible contribution from the ecosystem. This helps the system to actively develop and allows new users to create their own worlds. Ultimately, this led to the fact that NFT Worlds is already claiming the title of a multi-metaverse with the universes of other users.
Why are NFT Worlds so popular and expensive?
The main reason for the popularity of the project is its concept. The authors combined NFT with the Minecraft platform and engine in quite a smart way. That was a win-win combo. Now, the company has abandoned the Minecraft engine (since July 20, 2022) and is preparing a transition to its own one.
The metaverse is still the place where it’s fun to play, compete with other users in PVP battles and contests, and now the company has launched the release of Loot boxes.
It's lootbox opening time! 🎁
Head on over to https://t.co/iKZ2HqhwgD to open your boxes!
If you don't have any lootboxes to open, you can get our 1st Edition Holiday Lootboxes from: https://t.co/ktuP1mVPeo
These lootboxes have limited items only found in these lootboxes 😎 pic.twitter.com/Rb6D8rIxyj
— NFT Worlds (@nftworldsNFT) February 1, 2023
NFT Worlds removes all restrictions and gives the owner the right to manage his/her world the way he/she wants. So, each owner and user of the platform has a number of interesting opportunities:
- The creator of the world can rent out the territory to other players. He/she can receive a reward in cryptocurrency. This opens up opportunities for creating an in-game economy based on the WRLD digital currency. And initially, the creators took this step because of the high entry threshold for acquiring land, and there were more and more people who wanted to know this project from the inside.
- The owner has the right to do whatever he/she wants on his land, including building his own real estate there.
- In addition to real estate, you can offer other participants some paid services on your territory;
- The owner can create communities within his/her universe like clans and groups, as well as various events.
It is also important that, unlike other projects, the platform is compatible with devices based on Windows, OSX, Linux and Xbox, PS, or Switch consoles. Even smartphone and tablet users have access to their worlds.
All these make it possible to maintain liquidity and a high entry threshold, due to which market interest and demand is constantly growing.
Ecosystem of NFT Worlds
The ecosystem of the NFT Worlds project is created not only by the team, but also by the players and the community.
Projects Building on NFT Worlds
To date, over 100 existing communities and projects have already started creating full-scale metaverses using the NFT Worlds platform. Among them you can see the famous Gray Boys, RTFKT, HeroGalaxy, Crypto Zombiez and others.
Moreover, each world is fully programmable. You can create almost everything there, from a full-scale MMORPG to music venues. But there’s even more. All the worlds can be interconnected through portals for the convenience of players’ moving between them.
$WRLD is an ERC-20 NFT Worlds in-game and utility token built on the Ethereum and Polygon blockchains. It is the main currency within the metaverses and is designed to provide a decentralized and failsafe economics.
The scope of the $WRLD token is as follows:
- The currency of players’ earnings in all internal games and contests, thanks to which the Play-to-Earn (P2E) principle is implemented
- Payment for in-game mechanics (items, titles, access to events);
- Payment or exchange with other players for in-game items and other privileges,
- Staking of in-game currency.
Besides, the $WRLD token has several undeniable advantages:
- Gasless transactions,
- An internal crypto wallet that automatically processes all transactions during the game.
The whole architecture of the token ensures that players can quickly and easily create unique items, activities and mechanics within their universes and monetize it. The token allows to monetize the work of players, which greatly effects the development of the universe.
Genesis Avatars are 11,909 voxel animated in-game avatars released by the NFT Worlds in May 2022. This is one of the most important innovations giving players various opportunities:
- Setting the uniqueness of the character,
- Obtaining loot boxes with in-game cosmetic items (1 loot box for each avatar in the player’s collection),
- Access to various unique items. Avatar owners will be the first to get access to new tokens and items within the metaverse.
- A pass to future collaborations with other projects.
As a result for today:
- 4,034 owners,
- The volume of secondary sales is about 1,000 ETH,
- Average sales are within 0.07-0.08 ETH,
- Floor price is 0.078 ETH.
NFT Worlds Roadmap
After the first version of the roadmap was successfully completed, the developers started working actively on the release and implementation of roadmap 2.0. There will be many improvements with a positive impact on the internal product ecosystem.
In the NFT WORLDS 2.0 roadmap, the developers indicated the main goals to be achieved and outlined all the upcoming stages of work and innovations.
Now, they are actively working on its implementation, and some of the points have already been reached. The priority goals are as follows:
- Simplifying the work with the creation of limitless universes. To do this, a greater number of tools will be developed for interacting with players, the outside world and objects.
- Making onboarding new users easier. This includes enhancing the motivation for users and token holders. There are certain plans concerning content, functions, and the ability to create additional activities within the universes.
- Stabilizing the inner economics and balancing of the $WRLD currency. It is the main coin used by users within the metaverse.
The roadmap also includes the following goals:
- Development and implementation of a unique WRLD naming service to act as a player’s personal address;
- Creation of in-game NFT WORLDS items that players will receive for activities and contest victories;
- Involvement of eminent and media personalities to the project. This includes individuals from the world of cryptocurrency and digital art, as well as bloggers, influencers, video bloggers, streamers;
- Improving the process of renting objects, items and lands. It concerns the balancing of the economic part of this aspect;
- Creation of an interuniverse portal and its mechanics. The purpose of the portal is the smooth movement of users between metaverses;
- Improvement and elaborating of graphics and in-service interface.
How much do NFT Worlds cost?
To visualize the price dynamics, we made a slice of the average price for 1 NFT:
- in October 2021 – 0.3 ETH,
- in January 2022 – 4 ETH,
- in April 2022 – 9.5 ETH,
- in June 2022 – 4.3 ETH,
- in September 2022 – 0.9 ETH,
- in December 2022 – 0.7 ETH.
Now (February 2023) the minimum price is 1.38 ETH (about $2k). On average, the latest sales are in the range of 1.1-2 ETH. And the total volume of secondary sales amounted to more than 54k ETH (about $80 million).
Most Expensive NFT Worlds Sales
The most expensive sales are led by the following NFTs from the NFT Worlds collection:
- #9617: sold on February 18, 2022 for 60 ETH ($180k at the time of sale).
- #5080: sold on February 21, 2022 for 59.99 ETH ($154k at the time of sale).
- #8490: sold on March 23, 2022 for 55 ETH ($166k at the time of sale).
- #17085: sold on May 8, 2022 for 57 ETH ($143k at the time of sale).
Where to buy NFT Worlds?
Currently, NFT Worlds can only be purchased on the secondary market, on marketplaces such as OpenSea, X2Y2 and LooksRare.
How to buy NFT Worlds?
- Remember that initially you need to connect your crypto wallet with self-storage to the marketplace of your choice.
- Next, find the official collection using the search bar on the marketplace.
- Analyze and choose the NFT you want to buy; click on it and then on the “Buy” button.
- Or you can bet on the token you like. Make sure you leave enough ETH for gas or transaction fees. If the seller approves your bid, the deal goes through.
Should you invest in NFT Worlds?
For the purpose of investing in NFT assets, there are several reasons to take a closer look at the NFT Worlds project:
- Endless opportunities for developing the project and introducing new developments, mechanics, and activities into it;
- The ability to manage your world the way you wish;
- The possibility to monetize your world by renting and selling services within it;
- Play-to-Earn (P2E) is provided in the metaverse;
- Staking of in-game currency and land;
- Passive income for community members through the creation of paid services in their worlds;
- Quick payback on internal investments if you use the resources of your universe properly;
- Extensive project roadmap 2.0;
- By the standards of meta universes, it has a very limited number of lands (9,999). In comparison, The Sandbox has 166K lands. Accordingly, land in NFT Worlds is a scarce asset for investment. The Floor price, which is currently 1.55 ETH, confirms this.
However, there is a very strong point that characterizes the project negatively from an investment point of view. At the time of writing (February 13, 2022), user 69F0B8 holds 87.4% (8,740 pieces) of the entire collection. It is more likely that this is the wallet of the project team. So there are only 1,259 tokens in real circulation.
- full centralization of the project by the team,
- lack of real liquidity from the market,
- artificial creation of sales volumes.
In any case, do your own in-depth analysis and research when investing in NFTs, and then make your own decision.
Opinion of NFTMetria
NFT WORLDS has become one of the most popular projects among all available metaverses at the moment. The authors have properly approached the project by combining the insanely popular Minecraft game and the concept of a metaverse. The concept and plans, some of which the team has already implemented, testify to the prospects of the project and the serious intentions of the creators.
However, since July 20, 2022, the project is no longer built on top of Minecraft, but creates its own platform instead. The market reacted to this news with distrust, which caused sales to drop. Also, the fact that 87% of all tokens are held in one wallet (with a greater degree of probability we can confirm that it is a wallet of the project creators) characterizes the project negatively in terms of investment attractiveness.
But still, the creators of the project are professionally savvy developers, strong marketers, and energized crypto-enthusiasts. Well, maybe going completely independent is a point of growth and development of the project, rather than its destabilization and deterioration?