What happens when you combine robots and the culture of manga and anime? That’s where the MekaVerse NFT collection comes from. The collection features samurai robots that were created using a computer program for image generation. It was one of the most sensational and anticipated NFT projects of 2021. Marketing and a proper launch of the project produced immediate results. In the first 24 hours of sales, the project earned more than $60 million, and more than 660k unique users visited their website. And later, the collection was even mentioned on the Forbes web resource.
MekaVerse Official Links
- Official site https://themekaverse.com
- Twitter @MekaVerse – over 259k readers,
- Instagram @themekaverse – over 21k subscribers,
- Discord @mekaverse – over 28k participants,
- Reddit @MekaVerse – over 2.5k subscribers.
What is MekaVerse?
MekaVerse is a collection of 8,888 ERC-721 generative NFTs featuring robots. The collection was launched in October 2021, and created a buzz at the time of launch already.
These NFTs have a very specific art style. Each of them features robots commonly known as Meka. These Mekas are inspired by robots in the style of Gundam, which is a fictional Japanese anime franchise that features giant military robots called Mekas. Each token has its own unique history or knowledge that goes along with it.
A whole ecosystem was built around this collection. There’s a game world where players can communicate, customize their robots and purchase bots for them. The project has its own physical attributes in the form of clothes, accessories and soft toys available through the Meka Shop.
In November 2022, the MekaVerse Collection entered into a partnership with Core Games, the leading platform in the Play-to-earn blockchain games industry. It was this cooperation that provided an impetus and prospects for the development of the project.
MekaVerse in numbers
- The collection of 8,888 tokens was officially announced on social media on August 30, 2021,
- Prior to launching the project, the team was able to attract over 200,000 followers on Twitter and 230,000 members on Discord thanks to smart marketing.
- Unusually, mint of the collection was carried out in the form of a lottery and an airdrop. That was done for the purpose of honesty and security of minting. The first draw was launched on October 6, 2021, for which 172,876 wallets registered, among which 115,931 selected 2 tokens and 56,945 selected one token.
- After 24 hours, the team announced the first winners, but even then, the owners could not see their unique robots. The presentation took place a few days after the draw.
- After 24 hours, the floor price jumped to 5.1 ETH, total secondary sales exceeded $60 million, and their site had over 660k unique visitors.
2. WEBSITE & RAFFLE STATISTICS 🌐📈
We had 172,876 total wallets that registered for our Raffle.
→ 115,931 select Two Meka and 56,945 selected One Meka 🤖
— MekaVerse (@MekaVerse) October 8, 2021
- On October 13, 2021, a full-fledged MekaVerse NFT project was presented.
- After the lottery, the cost of a mint was 0.2 ETH per mint.
- The project is ranked 34th among the best collections in terms of sales of all time on the largest NFT marketplace OpenSea.
- Total secondary sales exceeded 49k (over $80m at current exchange rate),
- Floor price is 0.24 ETH (about $400).
- Average sales are in the range from 0.2 ETH to 0.5 ETH,
- The most expensive #2194 was sold on December 30, 2021 for 500 ETH ($1.85 million at the time of sale),
- A total of 4,557 unique holders (51%), this is a low chance of whales being interconnected within the project. Thus, the risk of undesirable project management from the inside is minimal.
- Only about 4% of the collection (327 pieces out of 8,888) are for sale, among them the range of offers is from 0.24 ETH to 6 ETH. This shows that almost all holders see the project as a great investment prospect and are not in a hurry to part with their assets at a lower price.
Data (including exchange rates) are given at the time of publication of the article
MekaVerse Types and Attributes
Meka is the name of an NFT robot. It originated from the Japanese concept of combat robots that are piloted by humans.
Mekas are divided into four factions:
- Originals (OG) – 4,472 pieces with armored equipment and persistent facial features,
- Mirage (MI) – 1,908 pieces with smoother and more aerodynamic characteristics,
- Gādians (GAI) – 1,448 pieces with a streamlined appearance and large conical helmets,
- F-Nine (F9) – 1,056 pieces with round helmets and detailed body armor.
Each Meka’s traits are algorithmically generated by computer code, creating a collection of individually unique items. The team’s artists meticulously refine each Meka. This gives the collection a unified aesthetic while maintaining the diversity and uniqueness of each NFT.
Who created MekaVerse?
MekaVerse was created by Matt Braccini and Mattey, who were inspired by Japanese culture after a trip to Japan. They are also the founders of the project.
Besides, Matt Braccini and Matte are sought-after designers in Europe. They have worked with such brands as Apple, Nike, MTV.
The duo formed MekaLabs with a small team in August 2021 and embarked on the ambitious MekaVerse project. Already at the end of August, MekaVerse opened social media and Discord accounts to the public to look at NFT illustrations. That was the start of the project.
Besides, MekaVerse also collaborated with:
- Arvable advertising agency, which advertised the project before the launch of MekaVerse NFT minting. The agency has attracted significant figures in the NFT community to the Discord project (one of them was Loopify). Also, thanks to the efforts of the brothers during the advertising campaign, more than 100,000 participants joined Discord channel of the project in 48 hours.
- Antinomy company, which elaborated the 3D visualization of robots. It also worked on the MekaVerse robot customization project.
The main idea of the project is to offer the NFT community a fresh perspective on the market and an interesting application of NFT, as well as to create a strong and organic community.
Inspired by Japanese culture, the creators managed to instill the project with the anime style and the concept of Meka. This implies huge steel robots called Meka. They fight in the battlefield for their factions. They are controlled by an ordinary person known in community as a driver. At the same time, according to the background of the project, the various factions of MekaVerse have their own territories marked by factories. The ultimate goal of each member of the faction is to open the Great Gate.
The project team claims to be ready to go into physical space. Supposedly, they will open an offline store for fans of the project. A step towards this has already been taken, for there’s an opportunity for NFT owners to purchase physical accessories, clothes, and even a soft toy in the Meka Shop.
Why is MekaVerse popular?
Even before the minting of the NFT collection, there were a lot of people who wanted to join the mint. Here’s why:
- The project was associated with Japanese culture,particularly with anime and manga. This was the reason for the excitement of fans of this genre.
- Sophisticated marketing that caused a frantic community interest in the project even before its official launch. Thanks to this, back in early October, the team was able to attract more than 200k followers on Twitter and more than 230k members on Discord.
- Minting was available to wallets who won the lottery. In total, more than 172k unique wallets registered for participation in minting. NFT mint cost 0.2 ETH on the official website. Within a few hours, the tokens were worth more than 5 ETH on the secondary markets.
6. SECONDARY MARKET STATISTICS 💎
📈 Current Floor: 5.1 ETH.
🤝Total Volume: 13.9K ETH.
🤖Total Meka Minted: 8593.
🔒 Unique Holders: 5453.
This is crazy in less than 24 hours!🤯🤯
☑️Our collection has been verified on @opensea !
— MekaVerse (@MekaVerse) October 8, 2021
- The excitement around the collection was fueled by the NFT market in 2021, when the NFT boom began.
- Shortly after the launch of the collection, the team announced a collaboration with Core Games and introduced the MekaVerse Citadel game world. This caused a second wave of demand and excitement.
- MekaVerse robots look quite attractive. They were created using computer code, each of them is unique and has its own characteristics. They are highly detailed and well drawn.
There’s no detailed roadmap of the project, but the MekaVerse development team has ambitious plans as for its expanding. Moreover, the plans affect both the original collection and additional ideas that would enrich MetaVerse.
MekaVerse is an ongoing long-term project and we have a lot of exciting things in the works for the future, including physics. What if your Meka could grow into a Super Meka? What if you could combine your Mekas? What if you could fight with your Meka? Imagine if your Mekas could wield a sword and other weapons and fight against each other. We like all these systems and ideas, and we have already started working on them. This is how the team of creators comments on the future of the project
However, the project is still at its early stage. The community is likely to see a great second release ahead with more organizations and a larger team of creators. That can ensure a higher level of visual quality. Besides, the team also goes on developing in the offline world by offering toys or goods with 3D printing.
MekaVerse Ecosystem Projects
It goes without saying, that having expanded to the metaverse, the project has its own ecosystem, which is quite extensive. The ecosystem includes:
- MekaBots NFT collection,
- Mekaverse Factory NFT collection,
- Meka Citadel game,
- Meka-Adventure metaverse,
- Meka shop,
- Meka Backgrounds service,
- Meka Drivers NFT collection.
MekaVerse Bots is a collection of additions to the main collection on OpenSea. It was released in March 2022. The collection includes 6,626 bots that are peculiar pets for the main robots, according to the Meka concept. The total volume of MekaVerse Bots secondary sales on OpenSea is 230 ETH.
MekaVerse Factory is an extension that adds an illustration to the background of a robot. A total of two illustrations were released in December 2021. The volume of secondary sales on OpenSea is 79 ETH, and the floor price is 0.009 ETH.
Meka Citadel is an open game world for core token holders. This game can be found on the Core Games platform. The game has a free world where players can communicate via chat, improve their robots and fight with other players.
Meka Adventure is a metaverse world map. The map contains capitals, major cities, ancient ruins and battlefields. Graphics, quality and details are very impressive, and each location has its own history and legend.
You can send your robot to explore locations, and it will bring loot boxes that may contain valuable items, such as Meka Bots. Besides, exploring brings Mekacoins. This is an internal game currency that can be used to improve your robot. With the help of the map, you can also get to Meka Citadel.
NFT owners have the opportunity to purchase soft toys, accessories and clothing. Additional decorations are MekaVerse elements in the form of drawings or images. Besides, there are items that everyone can purchase.
This service is used to customize your robot to your taste. There’s no demonstration of this service, and it is available only for NFT holders.
Meka Drivers is an NFT collection of 8,888 drivers. These are people who control the robots. However, only 3,234 drivers of the total amount have been minted so far. Their basical purpose is gaming. Also, the drivers have a 3D shape, as well as beautiful and high-quality graphics. The volume of secondary sales of drivers on OpenSea is 31 ETH, and the floor price is 0.09 ETH.
How much do MekaVerse tokens cost?
At the time of launch in October 2021, a mint cost 0.2 ETH (about $750 at that time). Back then, the hype was crazy. Within a few hours, the tokens were worth more than 5 ETH on the secondary market. Since then, prices and volumes have fallen.
To visualize the price dynamics, we made a slice of the average price for 1 NFT:
- in December 2021 – 2 ETH,
- in March 2022 – 0.7 ETH,
- in June 2022 – 0.5 ETH,
- in September 2022 – 0.3 ETH,
- in December 2022 – 0.6 ETH.
Now (February 2023) the minimum price is 0.24 ETH. On average, the latest sales are in the range of 0.2-0.5 ETH. And the total volume of secondary sales amounted to more than 49k ETH (about $80 million).
Most Expensive MekaVerse Sales
The most expensive sales are led by the following NFTs from the MekaVerse collection:
- #2194: sold on December 30, 2021 for 500 ETH ($1.85 million at the time of sale).
- #8597: sold on October 14, 2021 for 125 ETH ($450k at the time of sale).
- #3489: sold on October 14, 2021 for 60 ETH ($216k at the time of sale).
- #848: sold on October 14, 2021 for 50 ETH ($180k at the time of sale).
Where to buy MekaVerse?
MekaVerse is currently only available on OpenSea secondary market.
How to buy MekaVerse?
- Remember that initially you need to connect your crypto wallet with self-storage to the marketplace of your choice.
- Next, find the official collection using the search bar on the marketplace.
- Analyze and choose the NFT you want to buy; click on it and then on the “Buy” button.
- Or you can bet on the token you like. Make sure you leave enough ETH for gas or transaction fees. If the seller approves your bid, the deal goes through.
Should you invest in MekaVerse?
There are several reasons to join the MekaVerse:
- The project is unique. It’s based on Japanese anime culture that is extremely popular all over the world. Its fans are among the most devoted and fanatical ones, they’re ready to buy everything with their favorite characters on it.
- The entry threshold is relatively low, it’s only 0.29 ETH.
- The project developers have not yet formed a roadmap. The announcement of the roadmap may attract more people from the NFT community, which will lead to an increase in the minimum price.
- Huge world of the metaverse. NFTs can be used as customizable characters, which can raise their prices.
- The second edition of the collection is expected.
- There’s a huge loyal community that supports the project; it’s one of the strongest in the entire NFT space.
In any case, do your own in-depth analysis and research when investing in NFTs, and then make your own decision.
Opinion of NFTMetria
The MekaVerse NFT Collection was one of the most hyped collections released in 2021. After a frenzy launch, the project team did not stop.
Today MekaVerse is a collection with a whole virtual world where you can:
- travel with your robot in an open world,
- fight in battles,
- send your robot on trips, from where it can bring game currency or a valuable attribute,
- chat with other players,
- customize your robot.
True fans of the project have the opportunity to purchase clothes with the image of a robot, an accessory in the form of a pendant or a soft toy. Every MekaVerse NFT owner can feel like a part of the MekaVerse ecosystem and community. As you can see, even now the functionality and possibilities of the project are great. The team is not going to stop there, and they go on improving their metaverse.