Huge pixel animals constantly show up at the top of NFT collections. In the fall of 2021, the Kaiju Kingz collection burst onto the PFP pedestal. The word “Kaiju” in Japanese culture refers to fictional giant monsters such as Godzilla and the like. The Kaiju Kingz collection depicts stylized creatures and characters in the genre. The collection is based on the Ethereum blockchain and has video game integration and interesting perspectives.
Kaiju Kingz Official Links
- Official site https://www.kaijukingz.io
- Twitter @kaijukingz – over 183k subscribers,
- Discord @kaiju-kingz – over 43k members.
What is Kaiju Kingz?
Kaiju Kingz is a collection of 9,999 NFTs of ERC-721 standart based on the Ethereum blockchain.
The collection is a set of digital artwork featuring Kaiju creatures inspired by Japanese movies and comic books about giant monsters. That said, the project is not just about beautiful stylized PFP-images. The project has its own mechanics, legend, and ecosystem at its core.
And here are just a few facts and features:
- Each Kaiju generates so-called radioactive waste, which can be used to create Baby Kaijuz. It is these that have expanded the collection to 9,999 NFTs. Two Kaiju from the original 3,333 were needed to create them, along with the accumulated radioactive waste. The Baby Kaijuz do not inherit the external traits of the two “parents”, their traits are determined randomly, that is, they mutate.
- The $RWASTE token serves as radioactive waste. We will talk about it in detail in the Project Ecosystem.
- A stress test of the Sorashima city game in Kaijuz’s interactive world has recently been unveiled. Details of the Sorashima city game have not yet been revealed to the public, but it is a step toward gamification of the project.
Kaiju Kingz in numbers
- The collection was released on October 13, 2021. Initially 3,333 Kaiju were issued, and further NFTs were distributed through the crossing of the two Kaiju.
- The cost of minting was 0.006 ETH.
- The project is ranked 59th among the best collections in terms of sales of all time on the largest NFT marketplace OpenSea.
- The total volume of secondary sales exceeded 32k ETH (more than $52 million at the current exchange rate).
- Floor price is 0.2 ETH (about $320).
- Average sales range from 0.2 ETH to 1.3 ETH.
- The most expensive #0 was sold on October 18, 2021 for 50 ETH ($187k at the time of sale).
- A total of 3,365 unique holders (34%). Among the big whales, wallet #27192B owns 38.76% of the entire collection. This is an ambiguous indicator that may demonstrate control and management of the project from within by a particular beneficiary.
- Only about 2% of the collection (232 pieces out of 9,999) are for sale, among them the offers range from 0.2 ETH to 4 ETH. This shows that almost all holders see the project as a great investment prospect and are not in a hurry to part with their assets at a lower price.
Data (including exchange rates) are given at the time of publication (February 28, 2023)
Kaiju Kingz types and attributes
In total, you will find 283 attributes in the collection, divided into 14 categories. Among them you can find such traits as augmint, background, body, hat, mouth, neck, skin, etc.
But among all 9,999 monsters you can find 10 Legendary which are released in 1/1 format. They are the rarest and most valuable tokens in the collection:
Notably, these monsters have first order numbers from #0 at minting.
Who created Kaiju Kingz?
The creators of the project are a team of talented artists and designers who are passionate about creating unique works of art in the Kaiju genre. Some of them have several successful projects in the space of cryptocurrency, music or other art behind them.
At the moment, the project team consists of 5 people:
- Dots @ohDotss. Lead Developer who worked for many years in the software industry. He also had the idea for the project.
- 3LLL @FutureBoy3LLL. Experienced artist who previously worked in music. He has many years of experience in design, social media and product line.
- Madotsuki @MagusDevon. Community Manager, a Web 3.0 enthusiast. One of the first users of the blockchain technology space to see the benefits of a new technology that is now producing a revolution.
- KEKWIN @kekwin7. Developer. All we know about him is that he is a programming and Web 3.0 enthusiast.
- Arzy @arzinator. Developer. A software engineer who channeled his work into the cryptocurrency space and Web 3.0 technology.
Kaiju Kingz Idea
The idea behind the project is to create a unique universe of digital art and characters inspired by the Kaiju (Japanese for “strange creature”) genre. This word is usually used to refer to giant monsters like Godzilla. The Kaiju Kingz NFT collection aims to capture the essence of the genre by creating a series of collectible digital monsters and characters. Thanks to this, fans can own and trade in their favorite characters.
Moreover, Kaiju King aims for a community that is integrated through Web 3.0 technology. A decentralized autonomous organization (DAO) was created specifically for this purpose, through which active community members are rewarded and the project is developed.
Why is Kaiju Kingz popular?
The project is very popular. Of course, there are reasons for this:
- The project team includes professionals in the field of programming and Web 3.0. technology which has been developing at a tremendous pace in the last three years. In the project, this technology is implemented for better interaction with metaverses, as well as with DAO and the community as a whole.
- Kaiju King DAO, membership in which is granted to Kaiju NFT owners. On the Discord server they also have access to an exclusive #Alpha channel. The community itself chooses the development path in Web 3.0. and that of the project, and active participants receive a reward in the form of $RWASTE utility tokens.
- The cult of Kaiju in Japan, a strange creature that destroys everything in its path. Kaiju is somewhat reminiscent of Godzilla, the monster from Hollywood movies, who is also the destroyer of everything built by man.
Kaiju Kingz Roadmap
The project roadmap is presented in 4 phases.
- Completing the distribution of Kaiju Kingz.
- The creation of the Kaiju Kingz DAO. Royalties from secondary market sales go to the DAO treasury. The treasury is also replenished when additional collections are launched.
- Launching events for community activity. The events are aimed entirely at the community and the project. Incoming newbies or already first owners of Kaiju Kingz NFT contribute to the development of the project and its exposure to the crypto community. The top 20 people will each receive one Senpai Kaijuz NFT as a reward.
- Launching 3D models of VX Kaijuz which can be used as a personal avatar in various spaces of the metaverse.
- The DAO is starting to use the community repository for grants for young developers and crypto enthusiasts who are moving forward in Web 3.0 technology.
- As the DAO develops, the ecosystem and new KaijuKingz products will be developed that focus on interacting with metaverses, Web 3.0, and implementing bonus programs for NFT owners of the project.
Kaiju Kingz Ecosystem
The Kaiju Kingz ecosystem includes:
- Baby Kaijuz NFTs which are part of the main collection,
- $RWASTE utility token,
- The Kaiju Kingz DAO,
- The Sorashima city game in its own interactive world.
The $RWASTE token has several uses:
- as a voice in the DAO activities and votes,
- as rewards for active members of the community.
But how to use this token further when it accumulates?
- Every day Kaiju Kingz NFT accumulates 5 $RWASTE,
- In just a year, one NFT accumulates 1,825 $RWASTE tokens,
- For 150 $RWASTE, you can change Kaiju’s name,
- For 150 $RWASTE, you can write a legend for the monster,
- 750 $RWASTE is required to create a Baby Kaiju.
The Sorashima city game
Sorashima city is a game in the interactive world of Kaiju. Details of the game have not yet been revealed, but it is assumed that you can stake NFT inside the game and there will be team play for several people. A stress test of the game is currently underway.
The Baby Kaijuz NFT Collection
Baby Kaijuz are the “cubs” of Kaiju Kingz. It was Baby Kaijuz that expanded the collection from 3,333 to 9,999 items by crossing the original tokens and creating new ones. It took two Kaijuz and 750 $RWASTE tokens to create a Baby. That said, Baby did not inherit the traits of the parents. They were determined at random, and it was impossible to predict what traits Baby Kaijuz would have. There are a total of 6,666 of them.
The Kaiju Kingz DAO
The Kaiju Kingz DAO is formed for the benefit of the project community.
Here are some basic facts about the DAO:
- The organization includes only token holders.
- The DAO utility token is $RWASTE. It is necessary for voting that determines the development of the project.
How much do Kaiju Kingz cost?
The collection was released on October 13, 2021. Initially 3,333 Kaiju were issued, and further NFTs were distributed through the crossing of the two Kaiju. At that time, the value of the minting was 0.006 ETH. How are things now?
To visualize the price dynamics, we made a slice of the average price for 1 NFT:
- in January 2022: 2.9 ETH,
- in June 2022: 1.2 ETH,
- in September 2022: 0.7 ETH,
- in December 2022: 0.4 ETH.
Now (February 28, 2023) the minimum price is 0.2 ETH. On average, the latest sales range from 0.2 to 1.3 ETH. And the total volume of secondary sales amounted to more than 32k ETH (about $52 million).
The Most Expensive Kaiju Kingz Sales
The most expensive sales are led by the following NFTs from the Kaiju Kingz collection:
- #0 was sold on October 18, 2021 for 50 ETH ($187k at the time of sale),
- #1 was sold on October 16, 2021 for 45.15 ETH ($174k at the time of sale),
- #8 was sold on January 30, 2022 for 45 ETH ($117k at the time of sale),
- #3 was sold on October 16, 2021 for 42 ETH ($162k at the time of sale).
Where to buy Kaiju Kingz?
Kaiju Kingz is currently only available on the secondary market, on marketplaces such as OpenSea, X2Y2 and LooksRare.
How to buy Kaiju Kingz?
- Remember that initially you need to connect your crypto wallet with self-storage to the marketplace of your choice.
- Next, find the official collection using the search bar on the marketplace.
- Analyze and choose the NFT you want to buy; click on it and then on the “Buy” button.
- Or you can bet on the token you like. Make sure you leave enough ETH for gas or transaction fees. If the seller approves your bid, the deal goes through.
Should you invest in Kaiju Kingz?
There are several factors that make it possible to treat the project positively and start investing in it:
- The project is managed by the DAO, which sets the path for project development in the NFT space and Web 3.0 technology. In addition, the Kaiju Kingz DAO helps aspiring Web 3.0 developers.
- A rather optimistic floor price of 0.2 ETH is a good enough entry threshold. It is also an important fact that it exceeds the minting price of the collection;
- The application of NFTs in an evolving interactive world that will only expand.
- The $RWASTE token will be earned for owning an NFT. Each day each Kaiju Kings NFT accumulates 5 $RWASTE. This is needed to participate in the DAO voting, as well as to change the name or legend of Kaiju.
In any case, do your own in-depth analysis and research when investing in NFTs, and then make your own decision.
Opinion of NFTmetria
The project has gained significant popularity and attention in the NFT community and is highly sought after by collectors. The Kaiju Kingz team consists of experienced people in the NFT space who are dedicated to creating a high-quality product and building a strong community around the project.
Overall, the Kaiju Kingz NFT collection is a unique and very popular project in the NFT ecosystem, with a dedicated team and a promising roadmap. While Kaiju’s value can be volatile and dependent on market conditions, the project’s strong community and potential collaboration can make it an exciting investment opportunity for those interested in NFT.