Pixel pictures in the NFT space are not a new invention, but they occupy a certain niche in market development, and quite a huge one at that. In 2021, 34×34 pixel PFPs were in demand due to their suitability as social media profile images. One such pixel project is CyberKongz, a collection of monkeys. And they stand out from all other similar collections for a reason. Some of them look normal, some of them look weird, and there are some cool monkeys. That said, they’re hard-working: they’ll bring you $BANANA.
CyberKongz Official Links
- Official website https://www.cyberkongz.com
- Twitter @CyberKongz – over 229k followers,
- Instagram @cyberkongz – over 3k subscribers,
- Medium @cyberkongz – over 1600 subscribers,
- YouTube @cyberkongz – over 500 subscribers,
- Discord @cyberkongz – over 4k members.
What is CyberKongz?
CyberKongz is a collection of 1,000 NFT 2D monkeys depicted in pixel format. The collection is hosted on the Ethereum network and has an ERC-721 token standard.
Even one year after distribution, in March 2022, the floor price was around 70 ETH. And there are good reasons for this:
- Launch of $BANANA utility token in March 2021, through which live tokenization within the project is created.
- Launch of additional collections CyberKonz (Babies) and CyberKongz VX. The volume of secondary sales of these derivative collections is greater than the sales volume of the main collection, and that’s amazing.
- Opportunity to create a Kongz Baby.
- Opportunity to rename NFT and create a history that is built into the blockchain.
- Full commercial rights to Kongz ownership (CC0 license).
Besides, the CyberKongz are part of the Jungle Adventure metaverse. Kongz are also avatars in the metaverses and have their own lands. The Sandbox has a Kongz island specifically for CyberKongz VX NFT owners.
CyberKongz in numbers
- A collection of 1,000 tokens was launched on March 3, 2021 with a mint price of 0.01 ETH.
- Kong #810 has been retained as the collection’s mascot.
- 10 Legendary Kongz were sold for a total of over 200 ETH two weeks after 989 NFTs were distributed.
- The $BANANA token was launched on April 17, 2021 in conjunction with Kongz’s transition to its own contract. Each owner of CyberKongz NFT will receive $10BANANA a day for 10 years. The token price peaked in March 2022 at $12 per token.
- The project is ranked 73rd among the best collections in terms of sales of all time on the largest NFT marketplace OpenSea.
- The total volume of secondary sales exceeded 28k ETH (over $45 million at the current exchange rate). At the same time, the volume of secondary sales of derivative collections surprises even more:
- CyberKonz VX: over 35k ETH (ranked 56th in the ranking of the best collections by sales volume of all time on OpenSea),
- CyberKonz (Babies): over 34k ETH (ranked 57th in the above rating).
- Floor price is 14 ETH (about $23k).
- Average sales range from 11.5 ETH to 20 ETH.
- The most expensive #225 was sold on October 3, 2021 for 500,000 USDC.
- A total of 449 unique holders (45%). This shows the low chances of whales interconnection within the project. Thus, the risk of artificial project management from the inside is minimal.
- Only about 2% (22 pieces out of 1,000) are for sale, among them the offers range from 14 to 350 ETH. This shows that almost all holders see the project as a great investment prospect and are not in a hurry to part with their assets at a lower price.
Data (including exchange rates) are given at the time of publication of the article (February 27, 2023)
Who created CyberKongz?
The project team consists of 9 anonymous people:
- Sebssss @SebsDead_,
- Svenstar @RealSvenstar,
- Coco-Bear @Coco__Bear,
- Owl @OwlOfMoistness,
- Henry the Grape @HenryTheGrape.
The collection’s partners are quite large projects in the cryptocurrency, NFT space, and metaverses. They are Arcade.inc, Crypto Cities, GridCraft, Metakey, MetaResidence, Multiverse VM, Nemus Earth, Open Metaverse, The Sandbox, and Worldwide Webb.
Initially, the core CyberKongz collection envisioned a unique use for Kongz, namely as social media avatars that show that a person is a Kongz owner. But the project also introduced an innovation. The collection switched to a fully custom smart contract, which allowed fair and uninterrupted automatic distribution of $BANANA to NFT owners. This solution has not been used in any collection until now. The smart contract is also responsible for the CyberKonz (Babies) multiplication mechanism.
Gradually, a huge number of followers of pixel NFTs have gravitated to the project, which has prompted the creation of the $BANANA token and two additional collections, as well as partnerships with projects to apply Kongz in metaverses where the project has its own lands or locations.
Over time, the project has evolved into a community-oriented one where the community can offer its skills to develop ideas directly within the project.
Why is CyberKongz popular?
The popularity of CyberKongz lies in the application, the privileges, and above all the interest of the community.
And here are the most striking of these:
- Each CyberKongz owner will receive 10 $BANANA daily for 10 years. The token’s maximum price was around $12 in 2022.
- Using a token to change Kongz’s name, as well as its description, and for community management. Changing a name costs 10 tokens, writing a story costs 100 tokens.
- $BANANA are also used to create CyberKonz (Babies) based on two CyberKongz NFTs.
- Banana Shop is a shop where you can spend $BANANA to customize CyberKongz VX.
The team is also developing new NFT application features and expanding the list of partners, which can lead to further airdrops or bonuses.
The CyberKongz roadmap looks quite impressive and is as follows:
- Launch of the main collection Genesis CyberKongz;
- Donating 60 percent of proceeds to environmental companies;
- Selling 10 Legendary Kongz at auction;
- Complete transition of Kongz to a smart contract and the launch of the $BANANA token;
- Announcement of the Banana Shop development;
- The 2,000th CyberKonz (Babies) was minted;
- Announcing the release of the CyberKongz VX collection for the metaverses;
- Winning The Sandbox auction to get THE SHRINE OF KONGZ land;
- The second expansion of CyberKongz locations in The Sandbox by means of Neo Kongz City estate;
- Acquisition of Kongz Island, another location in The Sandbox;
- Launching playable CyberKongz VX avatars that are specifically designed for metaverses.
It should be noted that some steps have not yet been implemented. For example, the Banana Shop is still in the launch phase.
The CyberKongz ecosystem includes:
- Two collections CyberKonz (Babies) and CyberKonz VX,
- Utility and governance token $BANANA.
- Locations in the metaverses – THE SHRINE OF KONGZ, Neo Kongz City and KONGZ ISLAND.
- A special game on the Polygon Play & Kollect Jungle Adventure network.
The CyberKonz (Babies) collection
The CyberKonz (Babies) collection consists of 4,000 NFTs, and the rarity of their traits is modeled on the rarity of genesis. That said, the mechanism is completely random. Moreover, the NFTs receive an additional 40 new traits. Ownership of NFTs from this collection will grant exclusive access to Discord channels.
And here are a few words about this collection:
- The volume of secondary sales exceeded 34k ETH.
- Floor price is 1.85 ETH.
- CyberKonz (Babies) NFT can be created with two CyberKongz and 600 $BANANA.
- For 100 $BANANA, you can write a Baby’s story.
- For 10 $BANANA, you can change its name.
The CyberKonz VX Collection
The CyberKongz 3D collection of 14,900 voxel animated 3D NFTs was specifically created for the metaverses. Since 2D avatars are not suitable for the metaverse, developers implemented the release of 3D Kongz, primarily for The Sandbox metaverse. Owning this NFT also gives you exclusive access to the channel on the Discord server.
And here are a few words about this collection:
- The volume of secondary sales exceeded 34k ETH.
- Floor price is 0.44 ETH.
- For 2 $BANANA, you can change the name of CyberKonz VX.
$BANANA is a utility token that powers the CyberKongz ecosystem. Each Kong accumulates 10 tokens per day for a decade. In a year, all Kongz will bring in a total of 3,650,000 tokens. The token is represented on both the Ethereum and Polygon networks. Moreover, $BANANA is also a governance token. Before voting for a particular development path, a snapshot is taken of the addresses that have the $BANANA token. Based on this, token holders can vote on the path of further development of the project.
The shrine of Kongz NFT land
In The Sandbox metaverse, a location was created specifically for Kongz called The shrine of Kongz. It is a kind of island which implies an open world. It was possible to get this piece of land only by winning a special auction The Sandbox.
Neo Kongz City NFT land
The Neo Kongz City estate is also located in The Sandbox metaverse. This territorial expansion has already appeared during cooperation.
Kongz island NFT land
The Kongz island location is also in The Sandbox metaverse and is part of the project’s ecosystem expansion.
Play & Kollect Jungle Adventure
Play & Kollect is an eco-distribution system in which all Kongz products play a crucial role. This gives the $BANANA token an even better distribution and application model. It was Play & Kollect that provided the opportunity to the developers to transfer the token to the Polygon network.
For holders, however, the most important part of this system is the Jungle Adventure game, the main purpose of which is to send CyberKongz VX crews of one to five people on jungle adventure races. The goal of their adventure is to collect Kongium Ore and trade them in for prizes such as seasonal $BANANA prizes and exclusive NFTs.
How much do CyberKongz cost?
The CyberKongz of 1,000 NFTs was launched on March 3, 2021 with a mint price of 0.01 ETH. The positive reaction of the market was seen immediately, and there was a great demand due to the extreme scarcity. Even a year after the distribution, in March 2022, the floor price was around 70 ETH.
To visualize the price dynamics, we made a slice of the average price for 1 NFT:
- in April 2021: 1.1 ETH,
- in July 2021: 1.1 ETH,
- in October 2021: 1.1 ETH,
- in January 2022: 1.1 ETH,
- in June 2022: 0.6 ETH,
- in September 2022: 0.4 ETH,
- in December 2022: 0.2 ETH.
Now (February 27, 2023) the minimum price is 14 ETH. On average, the latest sales range from 11.5 to 20 ETH. And the total volume of secondary sales amounted to more than 28k ETH (about $45 million). At the same time, the volume of secondary sales of derivative collections surprises even more:
- CyberKonz VX: more than 35k ETH (ranked 56th among the best collections by sales volume of all time on OpenSea),
- CyberKonz (Babies): more than 34k ETH (ranked 57th in the above rating).
The most Expensive CyberKonz Sales
The most expensive sales are led by the following NFTs from the CyberKonz:
- #225 was sold on October 3, 2021 for 500,000 USDC,
- #833 was sold on October 5, 2021 for 200 ETH ($703k at the time of sale),
- #201 was sold on December 8, 2021 for 185 ETH ($797k at the time of sale),
- GOLDIE #912 was sold on October 5, 2021 for 180 ETH ($609k at the time of sale).
Where to buy CyberKonz?
Currently, CyberKonz can only be purchased on the secondary market, on such marketplaces as OpenSea, X2Y2 and LooksRare.
How to buy CyberKonz?
- Remember that initially you need to connect your crypto wallet with self-storage to the marketplace of your choice.
- Next, find the official collection using the search bar on the marketplace.
- Analyze and choose the NFT you want to buy; click on it and then on the “Buy” button.
- Or you can bet on the token you like. Make sure you leave enough ETH for gas or transaction fees. If the seller approves your bid, the deal goes through.
Should you invest in CyberKongz?
There are several facts that make it worth investing in the CyberKongz project:
- $BANANA token that is accumulated by every Kong. Ten tokens are accumulated per day. The rate of token is formed by the market situation, so it will probably surpass the March 2022 rate of $12;
- Use of the $BANANA to vote for the further development of the project. Thus, the token is both a utility an governance token;
- CC0 license, which grants full rights to use the NFT, including commercial rights;
- Partnership with leading projects in the NFT space, such as The Sandbox, Metakey, Arcade inc, etc.;
- Such privileges as access to exclusive channels on the Discord server;
- With enhanced Web 3.0 features, you can currently set Kongz NFT as a profile picture on Instagram or another Web 3.0 service;
- It is planned to expand the game to the P2E mechanics (Play-to-Earn);
- The scarcity of the assets (there are only 1,000 pieces) generates an increased demand from the market;
- Floor price is 14 ETH which minimizes unnecessary speculation due to the high cost of the asset;
- Play & Kollect, an ecological distribution system with Jungle Adventure on the Polygon network.
In any case, do your own in-depth analysis and research when investing in NFTs, and then make your own decision.
Opinion of NFTmetria
CyberKongz is first and foremost a cult of pixel projects, which are a kind of culture in the NFT space. Initially, they were only conceived as avatars. But the community led the developers of the project to something completely different, that is, to an entire metaverse which is built from different locations in The Sandbox metaverse, as well as the ecological distribution system Play & Kollect. This opens up more opportunities for Kongz owners to delve into a virtual jungle world and wander through open locations. The history of this collection shows how 2D avatars have evolved over time into full-fledged 3D pixel Kongz that roam the metaverse and grasp new heights in the Web 3.0 space.