Hip hop and the culture of the 90s. How do you see it? Immerse yourself in the hip hop world of the 90s with the HAPE PRIME collection! There are 8,192 NFTs in it depicting apes in sportswear, combining modern style, style of the 90s and the heyday of American hip hop. Digital apes are destined to be the best trendsetters, and they seem to be succeeding in this, for to date, secondary sales have already exceeded $90 million.
The project was launched in January 2022, and even before the launch there was a lot of hype around it. Recently it became known about its first large-scale partnership with Diesel, the global design brand. The project also cooperates with such brands as Jagermeister, Caduceus, Coinbase, Met Ams, InRift X F1 French GP 2022, Highsnobiety.
HAPE PRIME Official Links
- Official site https://hape.io
- Twitter @HAPEsocial – over 282k followers,
- Instagram @hapesocial – over 145k subscribers,
- Discord @hape – over 446k participants.
What is HAPE PRIME?
HAPE PRIME is a collection of 8,192 NFT fashion apes who want to change the canons of digital fashion. The collection is hosted on the Ethereum network and has the ERC-721 standard. The project took the idea of “Hypebeast”, which is a fashion movement based on street fashion and sports style. This style blends with the hip hop era of the 90s.
In addition, these NFTs have an amazing technical implementation. They are detailed, have light and dark rich colors, and each NFT ape has its own style.
NFT collections serve as more than just objects of collecting and investment. It is also a ticket to future releases, merchandise and events that are primarily associated with the collection. And the trend of combining fashion with technology creates many opportunities for the project development.
HAPE PRIME in numbers
- A collection of 8,192 tokens was launched on January 19, 2022,
- At the time of launch, the cost of a mint was 0.2 ETH per piece,
- The project is ranked 27th among the best collections in terms of sales of all time on the largest NFT marketplace OpenSea.
- Total secondary sales exceeded 56k (over $90m at current exchange rates),
- Floor price is 0.47 ETH (about $750).
- Average sales are in the range from 0.4 ETH to 0.7 ETH,
- The most expensive HAPE PRIME #217 was sold on February 6, 2022 for 99 ETH ($299k at the time of sale),
- Total 4327 unique holders (53%),
- Only about 4% of the collection (292 pieces out of 8,192) are for sale, among them the range of offers is from 0.47 ETH to 5 ETH. This shows that almost all holders see the project as a great investment prospect and are not in a hurry to part with their assets at a lower price.
Data (including exchange rates) are given at the time of publication of the article
HAPE PRIME types and attributes
Digital apes are created to be really unique trendsetters and fashion icons, so they have a huge variety of accessories, clothes, and attributes. And it is impossible to single out a few basic traits that would characterize this or that character as a super rare or, vice versa, a common one.
In total, there are 21 distinctive traits in that collection. And inside each of them there are many attributes. So, your ape might have banana hoodies, cool tattoos, leopard fur, or laser goggles. But what you don’t see in the other collections are the characters’ birthdays! Among all the 8,192 tokens you will most often find apes who celebrate their birthday on January 19 (37 pieces). And the rarest pieces of the collection, as you can guess, are born on February 29, there are only 9 of them.
Who created HAPE PRIME?
HAPE PRIME was created by the British art studio Digimental. It’s mainly engaged in the study of digital art, fashion and technology. The development and launch of fashionable apes was multifaceted and innovative from the technical point of view:
- Digimental developed the project based on 3D modeling technology from House of Kibaa, part of Looking Glass Labs Ltd. Their core business is NFT architecture.
- A 3D model of a walking ape was created in collaboration with Dog Studio.
- The idea of the project was suggested by Matt Sypien, the art director of the studio. When this idea came to fruition, the art studio made a real success of it. HAPE PRIME is a well-known project of the studio and its developers.
There is a professional team behind HAPE PRIME:
- Matt Sypien, creator and founder;
- Ste Curran, founder;
- Maren Coleman, CMO;
- Matt Mcguire, CEO/CTO;
- Cristian Peña, strategy and marketing lead;
- Hayley Hobbs, program director.
Since its founding in London in 2011, Digimental has worked with such prominent clients as Nike, Air Jordan, BBC, Bacardi, MTV and Lacoste.
HAPE PRIME Idea
The backstory of the project is as follows: two million years ago there was a lightning strike powerful enough to destroy the universe of apes and dissipate them. Now HAPE PRIME is waiting for the whole family to reunite to plan a bigger and more stylish future together.
We are the first in the space to truly be building a synergy between fashion and the Metaverse. Developing this project to be distinct in its visual form, we have been focusing on the detail of the art down to every garment, accessory, and cultural reference. Our goal is that by focusing on launching a unique project and building a community, HAPE PRIME will be able to make a seamless, harmonious blend of the Metaverse and real life. Matt Sypien
The idea of the project is the individuality of each NFT that can be changed. The apes are beautiful, they are loved and they are a big family.
WE APE. WE MIMIC. WE MOCK. WE ACT. This is the official motto of the community
Users may customize the appearance of NFT apes, and the ultimate goal is to get to the top of the HAPE Fashion Index. Based on this ranking, you can know what is currently fashionable in HAPE PRIME. The ranking is also made up of opinions of community members who vote for their favorite ape image. Thus, a community model is built that defines digital fashion.
Why is HAPE PRIME popular?
At the start of sales, HAPE PRIME NFTs were available for 0.2 ETH only to buyers via Hapellisted Hapes. The collection was later publicly released on OpenSea. The exclusive minting list also includes celebrities such as Brazilian professional footballer Neymar, English professional football coach John Terry and French professional tennis player Gaël Monfils.
Later, interest in the collection was fueled by the release of NFT attributes in the form of clothes for the characters, which are placed on their own marketplace. With its help, you can change your NFT, namely change its hairstyle, headgear, clothes, or accessories. Attributes were divided into common, uncommon, rare, and epic rarity. The attributes of the last three rarities were sold out almost immediately. Attributes of common rarity can still be purchased.
There are several reasons for the popularity of the collection:
- Ownership of NFTs gives access to exclusive products, events, and releases.
- The ranking of the NFT owner changes depending on the fashion, and it is this indicator that affects the profitability of the NFT. Fashion is dictated by the community, and each participant changes his/her character by means of attributes.
- In the future, NFT collection attributes for the lower body of the character will be released.
- Drops of branded digital or physical media as a result of HAPE’s collaboration with other companies.
HAPE PRIME Roadmap
The HAPE PRIME roadmap is presented on the official website. All tasks are logically divided into 3 categories:
- Released collection,
- The ranking depends on the HAPE PRIME fashion dictated by the community
- Wearable badges as bonus multipliers for ranking,
- Redesign and relaunch of the official website,
- Out-of-the-box solutions from partnerships with other brands in the form of releases of attributes for NFT characters.
Ideas under development
- Addition to the attributes created by the community,
- Ability to view NFT character on the official website,
- Attributes for the lower body of the NFT character.
Ideas to be implemented in the future
- Opportunity to obtain branded digital or physical media for NFT owners from project cooperation with other brands,
- Updating the soundtrack and adding new ones to view your NFT on the official website,
- New ideas,
- New tokenomics,
- Marketplace for attributes,
- Pumping the character with new attributes.
What’s really amazing is that we have more interesting stuff. Personally, I think Stage 3 of the roadmap will be a game changer in the NFT world. Matt Sypien, project founder
There’s a strong, experienced and professional team behind the project. We can judge this by the following facts:
- successful launch of the project,
- strong marketing strategy,
- technically advanced website,
- superb visual implementation of the characters,
- clear vision and understanding of the project development.
Therefore, we should expect that all promises of the team will be definitely fulfilled.
HAPE PRIME Ecosystem
HAPE PRIME already has a full-fledged ecosystem, where there are attributes for the main collection, a marketplace and the opportunity to see the current fashion trends in HAPE Fashion Index.
HAPE Fashion Index
HAPE Fashion Index is an addition to HAPE PRIME. The project wants community to rank the NFT characters. Members can vote for their favorite characters. NFT attributes, their rarity, as well as color and brand are taken into account.
HAPE PRIME Marketplace is a platform where you can buy NFT attributes and NFTs. This allows the project to avoid the speculative nature of NFT attributes on secondary markets, since you cannot buy a valuable rarity attribute and then sell it immediately on the secondary market. An attribute can be used to pump your NFT or it may be sold only after 24 hours.
HAPE OR NOT
The HAPE OR NOT project allows you to randomly change your character in real time and see what attributes are currently in fashion and which characters are scoring the most in Fashion Index. This allows NFT owners to know what’s going on in Fashion Index in a few clicks. They can also see in real time which attributes are popular right now and adjust to the current standards of digital fashion of the metaverse.
How much does HAPE PRIME cost?
On January 19, 2022, a mint was worth 0.2 ETH (about $240 at the time). Then all the tokens were sold out very quickly. And they could only be purchased by buyers through Hapellisted Hapes.
To visualize the price dynamics, we made a cut at the average price for 1 NFT:
- in March 2022 – 1.9 ETH,
- in June 2022 – 1.3 UTN,
- in September 2022 – 0.8 ETH.
- in December 2022 – 0.4 ETH.
Now (February 2023) the minimum price is 0.47 ETH. On average, the latest sales are in the range of 0.4-0.7 ETH. And the total volume of secondary sales amounted to more than 56k ETH (about $90 million).
The most expensive sales of HAPE PRIME
The most expensive sales are led by the following NFTs from the HAPE PRIME collection:
- #217 sold on February 6, 2022 for 99 ETH ($299k at the time of sale).
- #546 sold on February 10, 2022 for 90 ETH ($276k at the time of sale).
- #650 sold on February 7, 2022 for 90 ETH ($275k at the time of sale).
- #6688 sold on February 29, 2022 for 76 ETH ($221k at the time of sale).
Where to buy HAPE PRIME?
How to buy HAPE PRIME?
- Remember that initially you need to connect your crypto wallet with self-storage to the marketplace of your choice.
- Next, find the official collection using the search bar on the marketplace,
- Analyze and choose the NFT you want to buy; click on it and then on the “Buy” button.
- Or you can bet on the token you like. Make sure you leave enough ETH for gas or transaction fees. If the seller approves your bid, the deal goes through.
Should you invest in HAPE PRIME?
There are several reasons to invest in the HAPE PRIME collection:
- Drops of branded or physical media,
- Entry threshold for investing in the collection is only 0.49 ETH,
- An active community that is one of the largest in the NFT world,
- Exclusive video conferences and social media broadcasts with celebrities and important people in the NFT world,
- Drawing of valuable prizes and attributes with HAPE PRIME partners,
- In December 2022, the company announced its first major partnership with the global brand Diesel. The collaboration is implemented in the form of a long-term NFT project Diesel Genesis Hape. Digital collectibles will bring both online and offline unique value to fashion enthusiasts and Web3 enthusiasts alike. This includes the limited-edition design of the iconic Diesel 1DR POD shoulder bag, as well as access to exclusive events and community benefits down the line.
In any case, do your own in-depth analysis and research when investing in NFTs, and then make your own decisions.
Opinion of NFTMetria
HAPE PRIME is a collection with many possibilities in the virtual world, including changing the appearance of the apes, watching NFTs in 3D style, or competing with other users for the most stylish ape. It promises a great competition experience in digital fashion, which is created by the members of the HAPE community themselves. This collection is hugely popular, and its NFTs are filled with fashion and style that any NFT owner can manage.
All these unique features and the very idea of the project stand out from the other collections. This project has no analogues on the market. This is the case when it is not an amateur enthusiast but a strong, experienced team that takes on the job. Its members know how to lead a project with a huge community to success and leadership.
Given the low entry threshold and progressive views of the team, this project is increasingly becoming a focus of the NFT market.