There are a lot of animal-themed projects in the NFT space. Monkeys, dogs, lions, cats, Kaiju, etc. And one of those projects is the Gutter Cat Gang. He has collected cool cats that live in gutters. And, importantly, not only cats…
Gutter Cat Gang Official Links
- Official site https://guttercatgang.com
- Twitter @guttercatgang – over 124k followers
- Instagram @guttercatgang – over 13k followers
- Discord @guttercatgang – over 46k members
What is Gutter Cat Gang?
Gutter Cat Gang is an NFT collection of 3000 algorithmically generated stylized cats on the Ethereum network with the ERC-721 token standard.
The appearance of NFT cats is fully consistent with the name of the collection. Some of them look like avid gangsters who grew up in animal shelters or were thrown out by their owners on the street, which made them what they are in this collection.
In addition, the NFT acts as a membership token that gives the holder certain privileges. For example, access to real life events (IRL events like CutterCon), limited edition merchandise, and serving as an avatar in the Gutter Cat Gang universe.
In addition to the main collection, several more derivatives have been launched:
- Gutter Rats,
- Gutter Pigeons,
- Gutter Dogs.
These collections represent an addition to the ecosystem in the form of dogs, rats and pigeons.
But at the same time, only the main collection provides users with top-level privileges. While the rest of the NFTs of the additional collections provide mid-level access. This adds value to the Gutter Cat throughout the ecosystem.
Gutter Cat Gang in numbers
- Collection of 3000 tokens released in June 2021.
- Minting was carried out through a whitelist, which included addresses through a lottery or activity in the Discord of the project. The minting price was at around 0.07 ETH.
- The total volume of secondary sales exceeded 26.3k ETH (over $43M at the current exchange rate).
- Floor price is 1.25 ETH (about $2k).
- Sales on average range from 0.9 ETH to 2.5 ETH.
- The most expensive #727 was sold on August 23, 2021 for 39 ETH (about $130k at the time of sale).
- A total of 1,729 unique holders (58%). This indicator demonstrates the low chances of whales interconnection within the project. Thus, the risk of artificial project management from the inside is minimal.
- Only about 4% of the collection (130 pieces out of 3000) are put up for sale, among them the range of offers is from 1.25 ETH to 35 ETH. This shows that almost all holders see the project as a great investment prospect and are not in a hurry to part with their assets at a lower price.
Data (including exchange rates) are at the time of publication of the article (March 16, 2023)
Gutter Cat Gang types and attributes
The Gutter Cat Gang collection features algorithmically generated cats. Characters are endowed with unique combinations of characteristics.
There are 117 characteristics in total, divided into 9 categories:
- Background (6 types),
- Beard (3 types),
- Earring (5 types),
- Eyes (18 types),
- Fur (23 types),
- Hat (22 types),
- Mouth (4 types),
- Necklace (11 types),
- Shirt (25 types).
Who created the Gutter Cat Gang?
The creative studio Gutter Labs is behind the project. The studio team is anonymous. Based on the studio’s LinkedIn profile, the team consists of 8 people. Also, this is the only project of the studio, which was created only for the purpose of settling legal aspects.
The partners of the project are such companies as:
- CoinBase NFT,
- and others.
Why is the Gutter Cat Gang popular?
The Gutter Cat Gang is a very popular collection, and there are some pretty strong cost arguments for NFTs:
- A huge role in the popularity was played by partnerships with large companies – these are Coinbase NFT, Puma, Trezor, Ledger, The Sandbox. These partnerships have attracted many of their users to the project.
- Cat Gang owners received free NFTs of additional collections, which are traded no worse than the main collection and serve as a reason for a long-term hold of Cat Gang.
- Many events that are aimed primarily at the owners of the main collection. For example, GutterCon is an event that only the owners of the main collection and partners have access to. They get free tickets to GutterCon, partner events, airdrops and more.
Gutter Cat Gang Idea
The vision of the Gutter Cat Gang team is to create a leading brand in Web 3.0 and a collection center. The team and the community are united by the goal of building a Web 3.0 culture.
Gutter Cat Gang Roadmap
The roadmap for the project is quite extensive, and the team managed to implement a lot:
- Launch of the main Gutter Cat Gang collection;
- Launch of the project website;
- Studio gives moderators and community members physical versions of digital cats;
- Launch of an additional collection of Gutter Rats;
- Collaboration with Nifty Slabs to release Gutter Cat Gang physical trading cards;
- Launch of the Gutter mint pass, through which owners received NFTs from additional collections;
- Collaboration with Looking Glass Labs to create ready-to-use 3d assets for the House of Kibaa Metaverse;
- Launch of the Gutter Pigeons collection;
- Launch of the Gutter Art platform as part of the search for talented artists;
- Holding the GutterCon event – the project’s first event in the physical world;
- Launch of an additional collection of Gutter Dogs;
- Release of goods from the Gutter 2.0 collection;
- Holding a networking reception during the NFT NYC 2021 conference;
- Launch of the second phase of the Gutter 2.0 product collection;
- As part of Miami Art Week 2021, the company held a 3-day member-only event;
- The collection appeared in Twitter advertisements;
- Organization of a community meeting in Los Angeles;
- The cloning machine began accepting DNA-1 Juice to create D1 Cat clones on March 31, 2022;
- The cloning machine started accepting DNA-1 to create D1 Pigeon clones on April 28, 2022;
- Community meeting in Chicago;
- Cloning machine opened for D1 Dog clones;
- Digital collectibles featured in Jim Jones & Migos’ “We set the trends” music video;
- Party in New York for the community;
- Together with partner Puma launch and sale of a joint collection in the Puma brand store in New York;
- The collection appeared in a Shopify ad;
- Promotional video with corporate characters shown on ESPN;
- GutterCon 2022;
- Cloning machine opened to D2 Cat clones;
- The buyback window for Staplegutter One Digi-Physi series digital devices opens;
- Cloning machine opened for D2 Rats clones;
- Cloning machine opened for D2 Pigeon clones;
- Cloning machine opened for D2 Dog clones;
- Gutter Labs is launching new website features including collector badges and more.
With all the variety of completed tasks, the project team does not disclose future events in the form of a promising roadmap.
Gutter Cat Gang Ecosystem
The project has several additional collections, which also have a considerable volume of trading in secondary markets:
- Mint Pass,
The team also organized the annual GutterCon event for NFT owners.
Gutter Rats is the first derivative collection which consists of 3000 NFTs. Gutter Rat owners get mid-tier access to exclusive drops, events, experiences, and more. In July 2021, the collection became a free collectible for all Gutter Cat owners. The trading volume on the secondary markets exceeds 7,390 ETH with a floor price of 0.19 ETH.
Gutter Pigeons is the second derivative collection consisting of 3000 NFTs. On September 8, 2021, the owners of Gutter Rats and Gutter Cats received the NFT collection for free. Owners of these NFTs also get mid-tier access to exclusive discounts, events, experiences, and more. The trading volume of the collection is more than 5k ETH with a floor price of 0.19 ETH.
Gutter Dogs is the third derivative collection of 3000 NFTs. On September 8, 2021, NFT collections were received free of charge by owners of previous released collections. Owners of these NFTs also get mid-tier access to exclusive drops, events, experiences, and more. The trading volume on the secondary markets is more than 7k ETH with a floor price of 0.27 ETH.
Gutter Mint Pass
The Gutter Mint Pass collection consists of 93 NFTs and introduced two new art collections to the project ecosystem: Gutter Pigeons and Gutter Dogs. Redeeming the Gutter Mint Pass #3 creates a Gutter Pigeon digital collectible, while redeeming the Gutter Mint Pass #4 creates Gutter Dog. Owning a Gutter Pigeon or Gutter Dog grants community membership. The volume of trading in the secondary markets exceeded 4.2k ETH, and the floor price is in the region of 0.77 ETH.
Gutter Clones is the entry-level collection of the entire ecosystem, with a total of 28,000 NFTs. Collection owners get entry-level access to exclusive drops, events, experiences, and more. D1 clones can be upgraded to D2 clones by donating a D1 clone and Juice DNA-2 in the cloning machine. The trading volume of the collection exceeds 4,080 ETH with a floor price of 0.034 ETH.
The release of Gutter Juice introduced two new collections to the project ecosystem – Gutter D1 and D2 clones. NFT DNA-1 Gutter Juice was airdropped to owners of Gutter Rats, Gutter Pigeons, Gutter Dogs Gutter on March 8, 2022 and can be exchanged for D1 Gutter clones. D1 clones can be upgraded to D2 clones by donating a D1 clone and Juice DNA-2 in the cloning machine. There were originally 24,000 Gutter Juice digital collectibles with DNA-1 and 4,000 DNA-2, but the number decreases when a clone is created. The trading volume of the collection is more than 10k ETH with a floor price of 0.06 ETH.
GutterCon is an event for owners of both the main collection and additional ones. The event was created, in particular, to strengthen the community and promote the project. The event has already taken place in Las Vegas and Los Angeles, which is pre-announced a few months before its launch. During GutterCon, NFT owners can win a variety of physical and virtual items related to the project itself.
How much do Gutter Cat Gangs cost?
The sale of the collection through the white list took place in June 2021 at a price of 0.07 ETH. In the same month, the collection began to be traded in secondary markets, where the collection was in great demand. And how are things now?
To visualize the price dynamics, we made a cut at the average price for 1 NFT:
- In October 2021 – 7.1 ETH;
- In February 2022 – 6.59 ETH;
- In June 2022 – 6.1 ETH;
- In October 2022 – 4.5 ETH;
- In February 2023 – 1.3 ETH.
At the moment (March 16, 2023) the floor price is 1.25 ETH. On average, the latest sales are in the range of 0.9-2.5 ETH. And the total volume of secondary sales amounted to more than 26.3k ETH (about $43 million).
Most Expensive Sales of Gutter Cat Gang
The most expensive sales are led by the following NFTs from the Gutter Cat Gang collection:
- #727 sold on August 23, 2021 for 39 ETH (about $130k at the time of sale),
- #2711 sold on October 27, 2021 for 30 ETH (about $47k at the time of sale),
- #197 sold on April 15, 2022 for 30 ETH (about $91k at the time of sale),
- #2551 sold on March 11, 2022 for 30 ETH (about $76k at the time of sale).
Where to buy Gutter Cat Gang?
Currently, the Gutter Cat Gang is only available on the secondary market, on marketplaces such as OpenSea, X2Y2 and LooksRare.
How to buy Gutter Cat Gang?
- Remember that initially you need to connect your crypto wallet with self-storage to the marketplace of your choice.
- Next, find the official collection using the search bar on the marketplace.
- Analyze and choose the NFT you want to buy; click on it and then on the “Buy” button.
- Or you can bet on the token you like. Make sure you leave enough ETH for gas or transaction fees. If the seller approves your bid, the deal goes through.
Should you invest in the Gutter Cat Gang?
There are several arguments due to which the collection can be treated quite positively:
- Partnership with large companies such as Coinbase NFT, Puma, Ledger and others;
- Opportunity to receive an airdrop of future additional collections for NFT holders;
- Access and free admission to events such as GutterCon and others;
- Fairly high collection floor price of more than 1 ETH, which is about 18 times more than the minting price;
- Huge and powerful community represented all over the world;
- Access to events such as NFT NYC, which is dedicated to the NFT space and cryptocurrencies in general.
But it is worth remembering that investing in NFTs is primarily a personal analysis with a long-term investment in mind.
Opinion of NFTmetria
Gutter Cat Gang is a whole world of digital animals that provide a huge advantage to the owners, and immerse them in the huge world of a cool and powerful community that was built around the project with the incredible efforts of the Gutter Labs studio. Events, competitions, cool collaborations and much more – all this can be provided by owning just one NFT. And the studio is not going to stop there, the community is waiting for a lot of cool things ahead.