We present the NFT News Digest for the past week from 11 to 17 November. Follow the links to learn more about each news.
And here are the main market news for this week:
- MetaMask, a trailblazer in the Web3 wallet sphere, has launched an update. This latest development aims to elevate the overall user experience associated with NFTs.
- The Chinese government has officially criminalized the theft of digital collections, specifically targeting NFTs. Now NFTs fall under the category of “network virtual property.”
- Disney has partnered with Dapper Labs to introduce ‘Disney Pinnacle,’ a groundbreaking NFT platform inspired by the cherished Disney theme park pins.
- Aurelien Michel, the mastermind behind the Mutant Ape Planet NFT project, has confessed to orchestrating a fraudulent rug-pull scheme, leaving investors short of approximately $2.9 million.
- Animoca Brands, Amazon Web Services (AWS), and Polygon Labs have announced the launch of MoonRealm Express Accelerator, a strategic collaboration aimed at bolstering Web3 startup development globally.
- The National Hockey League (NHL) has officially launched its NFT collectibles platform, NHL Breakaway, in collaboration with the NHLPA, NHLAA, and Sweet.
- OpenSea Faces Widespread Phishing Attacks. Users and developers have become targets of various email phishing campaigns, with reports of fake developer account risk alerts and misleading NFT offers.
- Ubisoft, the creative force behind gaming titans like Assassin’s Creed and Just Dance, is set to launch a complimentary Ethereum NFT mint event for Champions Tactics: Grimoria Chronicles game.