We present the NFT News Digest for the past week from 19 to 25 August. Follow the links to learn more about each news.
And here are the main market news for this week:
- Yuga Labs announced the imminent blocking of own NFT collections on OpenSea, after the marketplace announced the day before that royalties for NFT creators would be cancelled.
- Snoop Dogg and the world-famous shoe brand Skechers presented a collaboration in the form of a limited collection of street shoes called Dr. Bombay featuring a leopard Bored Ape Yacht Club (BAYC).
- Two-time Super Bowl champion Patrick Mahomes, quarterback for the Kansas City Chiefs, is releasing trading cards for Azuki NFT holders as part of The Museum of Mahomes.
- Magic Eden, one of the leading NFT marketplaces, recently launched the NFT Creator fund with a $1 million grant together with Polygon. As part of it, the company invites authors, developers and artists to participate. Through this initiative, the marketplace aims to find, develop and launch the next generation of Blue-chip NFT projects on Polygon.
- Rarible has deprecated NFTs aggregation from OpenSea, LooksRare and X2Y2, and massively supports royalties for authors. As a result of the announcement, sales on the site jumped by over 500%.