This time we have prepared a review of the NFT marketplace Axie Infinity. This is the official marketplace for Axie Infinity. There, players buy and sell the game’s unique Axie characters, as well as their attributes and lands.
Axie Infinity is the world’s most popular blockchain game. The uniqueness of the project lies in the fact that it resembles a kind of investment: at the initial stage, the player needs to buy characters, but the further income of the gamer will depend on his skills and efforts. Details about the most popular game P2E Axie Infinity we tell here.
Marketplace in numbers
Data are for the last 30 days at the time of publication.
- According to Dappradar, the marketplace ranks 4th among all marketplaces in terms of the number of users;
- Of these, 358,716 were sold to Axies;
- Total sales $5.96 million;
- Unique users 91 746.
- On the marketplace, players sell only characters, attributes for heroes and land;
- Initially, the ecosystem was based on the Ethereum blockchain. Axie Infinity now operates almost entirely on its own Ronin sidechain.
- The game network is compatible with Ethereum via Ronin Bridge.
- All payments are made only through the Ronin in-game wallet.
- Partners Axie Samsung, Ubisoft, Binance, Klaytn and others have become
History of creation NFT – marketplace Axie Infinity
Let’s start the review of the marketplace Axie Infinity with the history of creation. In 2018, co-founders of Sky Mavis game studio in Ho Chi Minh City, Trung Thanh Nguyen, Alexander Leonarda Larsen and Jeffrey Zirlin released one of the first blockchain games, Axie Infinity. At the same time, the internal marketplace was launched immediately. This was necessary so that players could earn real money when they played the game. For a large-scale launch and popularization of the game, the authors arranged an Axies sale in February 2018. Thanks to this, Ethereum coins were exchanged for 3112 characters. To accelerate the development of Axie Infinity, Sky Mavis raised $1.5 million in November 2019 from a range of investors, including the likes of Animoca Brands’ Yat Siu, The Sandbox’s Sebastien Borje, and Hashed’s Simon Kim.
The biggest deals
On November 24 2021, the most expensive land on the Axie marketplace was sold Infinity for 550 WETH ($2.33 million). Later on July 4, 2021, the most expensive Axie was sold Sir Gregory for 369 WETH ($819.66K). Deal overview shows a really big turnover inside the Axie marketplace Infinity.
How to register on the Axie Infinity NFT marketplace?
Ronin in-game wallet. You will use it to store the same in-game currency and items in the Ronin blockchain. The Ronin blockchain is an Ethereum sidechain developed by the Axie Infinity team to combat congestion on the Ethereum network. This allows Axie players to enjoy fast and seamless transactions with low gas fees.
- On the main page of the game, click on Getting Started.
- Follow the instructions and install the extension or download the wallet app.Then set a password. The system will generate a passphrase from 12 random words. Then he will ask you to selectively enter the words of their phrase for verification. Be sure to write down this phrase for yourself!
- After installing Ronin, go to the start page of the game, click Marketplace.
- Next, click Login and log in through Ronin Wallet.
- After that, DashBoard will open with information about the state of the wallet. Also here you can finish setting up your profile: enter your password and email.
- Ronin Wallet you can top up via Ronin Bridge using your MetaMask wallet. We have described detailed instructions for working with this wallet
- Ready! Now you have access to all the functionality. And you can buy and sell pets, lands and potions on this exchange.
How to buy NFTs Axies on the marketplace?
To start the game, you need to buy 3 Axies on the marketplace. There are several categories of gaming NFTs on the site: Axies, Land, Items, Bundles. You can also set a filter on the left side, and specify the desired sorting on the top right.
The process of buying NFT here is no different from other exchanges – choose the item you like, press the «Buy now» button and buy it.
Commission on the Axie Infinity marketplace
When you sell NFTs, the marketplace charges you a 4.25% commission. So, for example, if you sell Axie for $100, you get $9.57. When buying NFT, no commission is charged.
As a buyer, you have to worry about gas fees. There are four separate gas charge categories based on speed: slow, standard, fast, and fast. Gas prices depend on the category and nature of the transaction.
In conclusion of our review of the Axie Infinity NFT marketplace, we want to say that the project team has built an excellent and really working internal project economy. A full-fledged marketplace has been built, DAO is being launched. In 2021, the P2E game broke all sorts of records, and the potential of the project is still great.
Axie Infinity marketplace will be understood only by fans and lovers of the game itself. Therefore, if you are looking for a convenient platform for collecting, acquiring and earning NFTs that will be understood and appreciated by many, then you should choose another marketplace. For example, you can see our reviews of popular NFT exchanges: OpenSea, Rarible, Nifty Gateway, Foundation.